pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

THATS the spirit :thumbup:

The travel money is already spent, might as well make the best of it.

Nudging our buddies to pop down earlier .... 

we used to, not so easy now with kids.

maybe next year.

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

we used to, not so easy now with kids.

maybe next year.

We see this at Trans Augrabies as well.

LOTS of pre-school kids in the park !!

Next year those parents dont back .... and new empty nesters joining the fun.

Been a few calls to have it during the holidays. Realistically, SANS Parks wont hand over the park for an event during peak season.

Similarly, it would be "difficult" to close the Argus route during peak season.

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

We see this at Trans Augrabies as well.

LOTS of pre-school kids in the park !!

Next year those parents dont back .... and new empty nesters joining the fun.

Been a few calls to have it during the holidays. Realistically, SANS Parks wont hand over the park for an event during peak season.

Similarly, it would be "difficult" to close the Argus route during peak season.

next year will be my 21st CTCT, so want to try and plan it and take the kids out of school, even just for a long weekend.

Kids started a new school this year, much more relaxed with their rules, so it might be easier next year.

This year will be my 13th and probably my last one for a few years with Ramadan in the mix. I think for a capetonian it’s a no brainer to enter every year but obviously understandable for those travelling from further if cost is holding you back.

Edited by Bub Marley

Lol people still want these goody bags? I take my number out the goody bag and on the way to the car, gift all that useless (to me) stuff to the first person i feel looks they want/need it. I have never used anything from that goody bag. Not even the bottle - cant have uncoordinated colours on my bikes. 

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Who else are planning their trips to get here ?

And planning the activities for the days leading up to the World Champs of fun rides ?

I'm hoping we can drive down on Thursday, then I can go for a short ride on Friday morning before going to the Expo, ideally with a friend that lives nearby-ish. The people we stay with every year have moved, so going to have to check for safe routes.

7 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Next year will be my 13th and probably my last one for a few years with Ramadan in the mix. I think for a capetonian its a no brainer to enter every year but obviously understandable for those travelling from further if cost is holding you back.

you mean this year?

Likely the same if i eventually enter...

The arrogance and self importance of the first few alphabet groups makes it unpleasant. This is getting steadily worse.

Guys seem to think they will land a contract with a team if they go under 3 hours. Get a grip - much more pleasant atmosphere in triathlons or riding one day events in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, TheAntoine1 said:

The arrogance and self importance of the first few alphabet groups makes it unpleasant. This is getting steadily worse.

Guys seem to think they will land a contract with a team if they go under 3 hours. Get a grip - much more pleasant atmosphere in triathlons or riding one day events in Europe. 

Start later ....

Or even better, join a charity ride .... Pink Train comes to mind ... hint hint ....

Or join @Jewbacca for the SPCA ....

LEKKA vibe from the mid-field :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Lol people still want these goody bags? I take my number out the goody bag and on the way to the car, gift all that useless (to me) stuff to the first person i feel looks they want/need it. I have never used anything from that goody bag. Not even the bottle - cant have uncoordinated colours on my bikes. 

Recently dug out my Argus water bottle, now use it at the trainer :thumbup:

Agreed ... only select bottles makes it onto my bikes

Edited by ChrisF

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Recently dug out my Argus water bottle, now use it at the trainer :thumbup:

Agreed ... only select bottles makes it onto my bikes

I'm not that anal about water bottles, I've used every single one that I've gotten over the years. As long as they work properly they will continue to be used.

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

I'm not that anal about water bottles, I've used every single one that I've gotten over the years. As long as they work properly they will continue to be used.

Hiehie ...

My Giant ONLY has Blue Giant bottles.

The HT has its set of bottles.  (frankly the Argus bottles may even be better than these...)

That said, I have never tossed one out.  It either gets used in the garage, or it is re-gifted when I service bikes for friends starting out.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Who else are planning their trips to get here ?

And planning the activities for the days leading up to the World Champs of fun rides ?

Flights and accommodation booked and paid for. Arrive on the 8th and leave the 17th. Taking my wife and 3 boys down for the first time. When we looked at car hire prices for something that can take 7 of us (my folks as well) we very quickly decided that my folks will drive down a few days before in my dad's caravelle. They will also take the tandem with them.

PLENTY planned for the week after the race with my boys, can't wait. 

Will be my 33rd and my dad's 35th.

21 minutes ago, TheAntoine1 said:

The cheek of the lower alphabet groups – they think it's a fun ride!