pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

bwahaha - first weather prediction for the Argus being asked for

.Its an inverse law. The weather will be inverse to the amount of training you put in - if you trained your mielie off then it will be super *** and wet and windy. If you didnt train it will be the best ride ever. And the wether gods can see your secret training so dont go sneaking in some extra miles casue that just adds to their anger.

jokes aside I actually spoke with someone last week who wants to do Argus, but missed the entry deadline. 

Turns out they actually really did close entries. you now need to go for a sub (or pay $$$ as international) as the only option!

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

jokes aside I actually spoke with someone last week who wants to do Argus, but missed the entry deadline. 

Turns out they actually really did close entries. you now need to go for a sub (or pay $$$ as international) as the only option!

Corporate group option can work as well and you still get seeded but y’all will have to organise with Bikehub HR…, nudge nudge wink wink

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

If you buy an entry + pay for the transfer you might as well do an international entry ....

Want to see what this year's numbers look like.  Winelands and 99er had a GOOD uptick on entries !!  At this rate people might have to start entering early ....

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

This is good as it means we may have a much better turnout again. Hopefully we are back to pre covid numbers.

4 hours ago, ninex said:

According to the info at the bottom here seeding will come out on Wednesday

Probably means it won’t include the 99er then as there is no update on seedings yet.

6 hours ago, throttles said:

Wtf is his rear wheel 👀🫣🤣🤣🤣

edit: I realized now he might have started the race with his wife… 

ended in divorce and she took the rear wheel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😇

I can confirm that they are still happily married she went ahead to get help and then this photo was taken

I'll let him know he is famous here on bikehub LOL

I have entered for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 109km race but due to some other commitments can not travel down to Cape Town. 

I see substations can be done until the 16 February, so if anyone wants an entry, let me know and we can initiate the substitution.

1 minute ago, Wannabe said:

That's a rather short period allowed for substitutions.

ONLY THREE DAYS!?

I think it was longer, I just posted now due to not being able to attend and giving the entry to someone that is still looking for one and making sure they are aware of the remaining timeline to get the substitution done. :)

3 minutes ago, Bundu Ric said:

I think it was longer, I just posted now due to not being able to attend and giving the entry to someone that is still looking for one and making sure they are aware of the remaining timeline to get the substitution done. :)

My e-mail came through at 17h05 today.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:26 PM, Bub Marley said:

This is good as it means we may have a much better turnout again. Hopefully we are back to pre covid numbers.

i hope so.

I know it's running, but the peninsula and 2oceans (half and full) are all sold out.