First Look: Specialized Epic 8

News bot

4 hours ago, MaMc said:

R295k...

That’s Flight Attendant and those ridiculous lightweight new Rovals for you. 

The Levo SL SW (which also has Flight Attendant, but only the fork) seems good value in comparison, you get a whole motor and battery more! 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Titleist said:

Fooking crazy price. It’s getting ridiculous! Add R60k and buy a new BMW R1300GS

Specced one just now, put everything but the kitche sink on. 380k. If i've got 300 I def get the BMW. 

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

295K? I got a very decent 2nd hand Pajero pretty recently for that. Probably has lower running costs too... This isn't the bike for me... I'm not a dentist

Plenty Amaroks in that range too...

28 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

GSXR-1000R

Thought they cancelled this, see now still for sale out there 😵

Even pulling the flight attendant off which in my mind is arguably 30% of the cost then the pricing still seems wild 

But to be fair we have seen quarter mill second hand bikes on here 👀

Here is the Pro model. It costs R190 000.

Relative to the S-works, it loses out on:  Roval S-Works wheels, the Flight Attendant suspension (on the 2nd from the top model?!), it downgrades the drivetrain to XO T-Type AXS from XXSL, the SL integrated cockpit, and of course the S-Works 12m carbon frame. It loses all of that. And STILL costs as much as the S-Works like 2 years ago. 😡

(Never mind that the Comp is almost identical to my '23 Epic Evo, including 120mm travel and GX mechanical drivetrain, not AXS, for R105k 🤨

Epic 8 Pro |

Very interesting fork and shock lockout 🤔 Is this the first time the lockouts are wireless or not ? Really not sure XD 

10 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

295K? I got a very decent 2nd hand Pajero pretty recently for that. Probably has lower running costs too... This isn't the bike for me... I'm not a dentist

Yes, and it's R295k because it's old and worn.

At the equivalent age and wear, an Epic would cost R60k.

Apples and Bananas.

New Evo looks amazing and very similar to the Top Fuel I bought last year with a 130mm fork at a "reasonable" price. 

Nice to see bike companies put in solid Engineering in newer bikes and how each generation gets better.

New Evo looks amazing and very similar to the Top Fuel I bought last year with a 130mm fork at a "reasonable" price. 

Nice to see bike companies put in solid Engineering in newer bikes and how each generation gets better.

1 hour ago, Hilton. said:

Here is the Pro model. It costs R190 000.

Relative to the S-works, it loses out on:  Roval S-Works wheels, the Flight Attendant suspension (on the 2nd from the top model?!), it downgrades the drivetrain to XO T-Type AXS from XXSL, the SL integrated cockpit, and of course the S-Works 12m carbon frame. It loses all of that. And STILL costs as much as the S-Works like 2 years ago. 😡

(Never mind that the Comp is almost identical to my '23 Epic Evo, including 120mm travel and GX mechanical drivetrain, not AXS, for R105k 🤨

Epic 8 Pro |

There's no getting around it, cycling is expensive. New, shiny things, that is. Time to stop worrying about the price, and getting the fitness up there with what you own now! I've had people beat me on "inferior" equipment, and I've beaten people on superior equipment. These kinds of marginal gains are truly meant for the elite athletes. I'm pretty sure Matt Beers' new S-Works fully decked out will cost about the same as his sponsored Hilux. 

14 hours ago, BaGearA said:

295k jirrrrrrrr bru criminals falling over themselves right now 

They'll sell if for a gram of coke. They don't understand it's worth. 

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

They'll sell if for a gram of coke. They don't understand it's worth. 

With how targeted and organized these jackings are getting I HIGHLY doubt that 

14 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

One of the biggest and most successful bike companies releases new bike...... everyone knows better......

A tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme... 

I love the internet.

Fair point 

We'll likely be th same in 5 years when the sworks epic 16 is launched for 600k and people are gobbling up the epic 12 for 350k second hand 

...I need to take a break lol 😂