First Look: Specialized Epic 8

News bot

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on about the price. I like to think if I perceive something as too expensive, I’m probably not the target market.

The stand out for me is the 65.9 degree head angle on an xc race bike. What a time to be alive.

15 hours ago, Jbr said:

??

Why are you question marking?

It's the same every year. New bikes are released and the internet is awash with 'experts' telling them how they should have done it, the geo is wrong, their auntie had one 23 years ago and it sucked so this one must suck etc.....

EVERY TIME! hahahahaha

Just now, Jewbacca said:

It's the same every year. New bikes are released and the internet is awash with 'experts' telling them how they should have done it, the geo is wrong, their auntie had one 23 years ago and it sucked so this one must suck etc.....

EVERY TIME! hahahahaha

You could've at least waited 24h, when you posted nobody said anything on this thread about the bike

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

EVERY TIME! hahahahaha

Well it depends. imagine this MRP was R395k? Imagine it was R495k? would it be ok to comment on it then?

The price of top of the range bikes has become insane, just like you can buy a polo for R250k, or a porcshe for R5m. It wasn't like this that long ago.

They only cost this much because people buy them. and BOY do people  buy them so the pricing is correct (in terms of market forces).

infact, I could get a rapid divorce by this afternoon if i clicked this to my cart

image.png.97bc71d60ec656baea874ca218f947d3.png

guarantee you the stock will fly, so don't dither kids.

9 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Well it depends. imagine this MRP was R395k? Imagine it was R495k? would it be ok to comment on it then?

The price of top of the range bikes has become insane, just like you can buy a polo for R250k, or a porcshe for R5m. It wasn't like this that long ago.

They only cost this much because people buy them. and BOY do people  buy them so the pricing is correct (in terms of market forces).

infact, I could get a rapid divorce by this afternoon if i clicked this to my cart

By all means comment away. I'm remarking on how predictable the merry dance is every single time.

The same posters making the same comments every year.

It is hilarious. 

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Also guarantee you some 12yr old kid will be riding one at the school series within 2 months of now 

But live and let live 

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

By all means comment away. I'm remarking on how predictable the merry dance is every single time.

It is hilarious. 

Also indicates that the ridiculousness of the situation is consistent ...or we're all just morons 

I think i fall firmly into the latter 

6 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It is hilarious. 

Do you think they know that nobody is forcing them to buy it? 

17 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

At that price, they could only afford to make 2...

On a serious note, I do expect the financing options to change rapidly now, although no bank would want to finance a R300k bike that will be thrown around trails and depreciate every ride. 

5 minutes ago, karma said:

At that price, they could only afford to make 2...

On a serious note, I do expect the financing options to change rapidly now, although no bank would want to finance a R300k bike that will be thrown around trails and depreciate every ride. 

I wonder how many fights between banks and insurers are going on cause i know yonda has it as a requirement 

cause yeah , 300k bike jacked while still owing the bank 450k ( yep these deals are criminal agreements ) 

1 hour ago, Jono said:

Everyone on about the price. I like to think if I perceive something as too expensive, I’m probably not the target market.

The stand out for me is the 65.9 degree head angle on an xc race bike. What a time to be alive.

I know that I am not the target market, but I look at these bikes the same way I look at a Super Car. Its just a thing of unattainable beauty and frightening cost. I would like to touch it, but don't think I would want to own it (unless I won several Lotto's).

I feel a bit sad knowing that each year and each new model (of any brand) puts me further and further away from owning a new bike. But I do think about the trickle-down tech in future years.

I also wonder what it does to the 2nd hand market.