Critérium du Dauphiné 2024

Meezo

the "warm up" to the Tour, at least more superstars than the Giro (imo). should be better watch

Edited by Meezo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2024 Start list

TEAM VISMA | LEASE A BIKE

UAE TEAM EMIRATES

DECATHLON AG2R LA MONDIALE TEAM

BORA - HANSGROHE

SOUDAL QUICK-STEP

LIDL-TREK

UNO-X MOBILITY

BAHRAIN VICTORIOUS

GROUPAMA-FDJ

INEOS GRENADIERS

COFIDIS

MOVISTAR TEAM

TEAM DSM-FIRMENICH POSTNL

ARKEA-B&B HOTELS

LOTTO DSTNY

EF EDUCATION - EASYPOST

INTERMARCHÉ - WANTY

TEAM JAYCO ALULA

ALPECIN-DECEUNINCK

ASTANA QAZAQSTAN TEAM

ISRAEL - PREMIER TECH

Q36.5 PRO CYCLING TEAM

Mads Pedersen (Lidl-Trek) won the bunch sprint on stage 1 of the Critérium du Dauphiné to don the first leader's jersey of the race.

Will be interesting to see how Remco is shaping up? Not sure he will be at his best for TDF. 

problem is no one is in the form of tadej on the planet .recon his team is not as good as visma but don't think he cares with his form for the TDF. hoping roglic shows some stuff in the criterium

6 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

recon his team is not as good as visma

🇸🇮 Tadej Pogačar 🇬🇧 Adam Yates 🇪🇸 Juan Ayuso 🇵🇹 Joao Almeida 🇪🇸 Marc Soler 🇫🇷 Pavel Sivakov 🇧🇪 Tim Wellens 🇩🇪 Nils Politt

please explain to me how that is not as good as visma? 

I do agree with you in part in the current situation ie injuries etc with Wout and Jones and a few others however assuming they are all back to their fighting fit weight in my opinion  are a much stronger team. 

Adam Yates like his brother just dont seems to deliver the punch on a consistent basis. Mark soler is and the other are great but for me not in the same domestique category Sepp Kuss, Tiej Benoot etc. I actually think that Sepp Kuss could be the team leader if Jonas is out, he is that strong. Food for thought again my opinion

2  BENOOT Tiesj 30
3  BOUWMAN Koen 30
4  GESINK Robert 38
5  GLOAG Thomas 22
6  HAGENES Per Strand 20
7  HESSMANN Michel 23
8  JORGENSON Matteo 24
9  KELDERMAN Wilco 33
10  KOOIJ Olav 22
11  KRUIJSWIJK Steven 36
12  KUSS Sepp 29
13  LAPORTE Christophe 31
14  LEMMEN Bart 28
15  STAUNE-MITTET Johannes 22
16  TRATNIK Jan 34
17  TULETT Ben 22
18  UIJTDEBROEKS Cian 21
19  VADER Milan 28
20  VALTER Attila 25
21  VAN AERT Wout 29
22  VAN BAARLE Dylan 32
23  VAN BELLE Loe 22
24  VAN DER SANDE Tosh 33
25  VAN DIJKE Mick 24
26  VAN DIJKE Tim 24
27  VERMOTE Julien 34
28  VINGEGAARD Jonas OUT
Edited by Sloggy

30 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

Wout

Not on the team list for the TdF and never was regardless of form. Probably sit this out and focus on his pre-injury goals.

30 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

Adam Yates

Came 3rd in the TdF last year. Last year was his most consistent since leaving Ineos. Hell of a domestique/2nd fiddle to have.

32 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

Sepp Kuss could be the team leader

He was gifted the Vuelta last year. No, arguing he is a great mountain domestique but he will never in our wildest dreams podium the TdF. Ever. He is too inconsistent.

Pog has Ayuso and Almeida both have podiumed GTs before. And way better than Benoot in the mountains.

The only place the team may be a little short is in the rouleurs department. Can't rely on Wellens and Politt alone to control break formation and keep it in check.

And they have Pogacar. He looks to have become a pretty decent cyclist himself. 

52 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

I do agree with you in part in the current situation ie injuries etc with Wout and Jones and a few others however assuming they are all back to their fighting fit weight in my opinion  are a much stronger team. 

Adam Yates like his brother just dont seems to deliver the punch on a consistent basis. Mark soler is and the other are great but for me not in the same domestique category Sepp Kuss, Tiej Benoot etc. I actually think that Sepp Kuss could be the team leader if Jonas is out, he is that strong. Food for thought again my opinion

2  BENOOT Tiesj 30
3  BOUWMAN Koen 30
4  GESINK Robert 38
5  GLOAG Thomas 22
6  HAGENES Per Strand 20
7  HESSMANN Michel 23
8  JORGENSON Matteo 24
9  KELDERMAN Wilco 33
10  KOOIJ Olav 22
11  KRUIJSWIJK Steven 36
12  KUSS Sepp 29
13  LAPORTE Christophe 31
14  LEMMEN Bart 28
15  STAUNE-MITTET Johannes 22
16  TRATNIK Jan 34
17  TULETT Ben 22
18  UIJTDEBROEKS Cian 21
19  VADER Milan 28
20  VALTER Attila 25
21  VAN AERT Wout 29
22  VAN BAARLE Dylan 32
23  VAN BELLE Loe 22
24  VAN DER SANDE Tosh 33
25  VAN DIJKE Mick 24
26  VAN DIJKE Tim 24
27  VERMOTE Julien 34
28  VINGEGAARD Jonas OUT

Adam Yates was in supreme form last year. Since his move to UAE, he’s had 1 job and that is to protect Pogi. I don’t think you’d find anyone better than him just based on last years form.

The other two, Ayuso & Almeida are a bit more worrisome. We’ll have to see just how committed they are to work for Pogi as I think both have their own personal ambitions as well.

UAE have so many climbing domestiques, it’s really the flatter part where I feel they might struggle to control a break and are a bit short. But maybe they’re just going with a new tactic this year. Pogi has always been isolated in the mountains with only Yates that stepped up last year. I think he’s hoping with Almeida and Ayuso he’d maybe have more support in the high mountains.

one thing is for sure that its going to be very interesting to see does Tadej carry the form from Giro into the Toure. if he does not sure how anyone is going to challenge him 

I will certainly keep an eye out for adam this year. 

What do you think is going to happen in the Criterium ie the likes of Roglic and Co  

26 minutes ago, Sloggy said:

What do you think is going to happen in the Criterium ie the likes of Roglic and Co  

I think after today's ITT we will have a better idea of where their form lies

2 hours ago, peepeekaitjie said:

He was gifted the Vuelta last year. No, arguing he is a great mountain domestique but he will never in our wildest dreams podium the TdF. Ever. He is too inconsistent.

P

I think you underestimate him completely, He rode all three grand Tours last year, the first two as a domestique and finished 14th at the Giro and 12th at TdF and then went on to Win the Vuelta. Most guys are not up for 2 Grand Tours in a season. Yes Roglic and Jonas could have Won, but the next best rider was over 3 minutes down on him. 

If Visma backs him for GC he will be on the podium. 

Edited by Irvin85

2 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

If Visma backs him for GC he will be on the podium. 

I think you are underestimating how difficult the TdF is to podium let alone win. He can't time trial for sh*t. There is no way in hell he will gain enough time to survive the 59km of TTing in this TdF