Critérium du Dauphiné 2024

Meezo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, babse said:

Froome featuring in the last 20kms today... 

Haven't had a chance to watch any as have just moved house.....in what way did he feature? I've kind of given up on him but have some "hold out" just wishing he could show even just a glimmer...m

24 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Haven't had a chance to watch any as have just moved house.....in what way did he feature? I've kind of given up on him but have some "hold out" just wishing he could show even just a glimmer...m

i think it was meant as a joke, after the crash the race was neutralized(called off) and everyone got same time for the finish, there was no winner...

...the joke is even Froome then finished with the "winners"

26 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Watch this… 

23 minutes ago, Meezo said:

i think it was meant as a joke, after the crash the race was neutralized(called off) and everyone got same time for the finish, there was no winner...

...the joke is even Froome then finished with the "winners"

For a change....😁

3 hours ago, peepeekaitjie said:

i wish i was as old (39) and washed (earning $5mil a year) as Froome

Killing the whole teams budget, they can’t afford to buy anybody else. His hogging the progress of a team who should be in a better place. The guy scored 2 UCI points I think in 23’. Time to go and chill in his tax haven.

4 minutes ago, betaboy said:

Killing the whole teams budget, they can’t afford to buy anybody else. His hogging the progress of a team who should be in a better place. The guy scored 2 UCI points I think in 23’. Time to go and chill in his tax haven.

IPT has been a retirement home pretty much since they became a WT team. It is not like he is forcing the team owners to keep renewing his contract. businessmen are going to business even when it doesn't make sense. he scored 8 points.

6 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

IPT has been a retirement home pretty much since they became a WT team. It is not like he is forcing the team owners to keep renewing his contract. businessmen are going to business even when it doesn't make sense. he scored 8 points.

He was smart, signed a long term contract from the get go, there was talks of the team not happy with his performance and wanting to terminate it in 2022 already, he responded by saying he is planning to honor his contract till the end, think the team is keeping him knowing that they would require to pay out the remaining, so instead of losing the rider they keep him for PR reasons. that is all that makes sense at the moment.  

23 minutes ago, Spinnaroonie said:

Are those chrome hubs on the SL8's? 

New Roval wheels, Rapide CLX II Team

On 6/7/2024 at 2:27 PM, peepeekaitjie said:

As much as I love Froomey, him saying last year he was ready for the tour but achieved nought sours it for me. He and the team must know his numbers and know he ain't.

Marketing points trump UCI points. They (IPT) are getting a lot more airtime than they likely would get if he wasn’t at the race.

On 6/7/2024 at 2:17 PM, betaboy said:

He doesnt earn 5m a year, his overall contract with performance clauses in will equal that. Sylvan and Ron are sharp when it comes to money. They cn afford to buy other riders and have done very well in the off season going into 2024.