Ciovita faking review stats

SSCC

3 hours ago, Barry said:

A bit of a bugger when you don't have control of your own reviews.

What is the current process for a company to respond to a Helopeter complaint ?

Many years ago the company had to pay a fee to get access to post their version of events.  Is this still the case ?

I thought this was borderline blackmail and have stopped reading anything on that platform.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

What is the current process for a company to respond to a Helopeter complaint ?

Many years ago the company had to pay a fee to get access to post their version of events.  Is this still the case ?

I thought this was borderline blackmail and have stopped reading anything on that platform.

I am sure there is still a fee or membership to pay Hellopeter. That would be a call on the company if they are willing pay to address the complaint or just ignore it not resolve it and save a few bux. 

Edited by Barry

27 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Reality check time.

ALL webstores moderate their reviews and feedback. It would be financial suicide not to

By moderate if you mean delete or block low scores then that’s incorrect. Take a look at Rapha. Plenty of 1,2 and 3 star reviews. Own your mistakes and make it better. That’s what ethical management does. 

16 minutes ago, SSCC said:

By moderate if you mean delete or block low scores then that’s incorrect. Take a look at Rapha. Plenty of 1,2 and 3 star reviews. Own your mistakes and make it better. That’s what ethical management does. 

I just took a look at Rapha as you suggested - not seeing plenty of 1,2 and 3 star reviews 🤷‍♂️ Not even plenty reviews for that matter.

With Duane on this one - if you want honest unbiased reviews don't go to a marketing website.

29 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I just took a look at Rapha as you suggested - not seeing plenty of 1,2 and 3 star reviews 🤷‍♂️ Not even plenty reviews for that matter.

With Duane on this one - if you want honest unbiased reviews don't go to a marketing website.

https://www.rapha.cc/rd/en/shop/mens-brevet-insulated-jacket/product/BIJ06XXLDP

Loads of examples. Look in the archive section for products on sale. 

On 6/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Eeeer I did read it and believe they gave a good account of their practice. Can keep going in circles on the finer semantics, but on the whole they’re not being dishonest if we actually look at it objectively. 

Mention size and watch okes go mad 🤔

15 hours ago, Skubarra said:

It's not my core focus but I have done e-commerce implementations for more than one company. They ABSOLUTELY DO cherry pick/ filter/ moderate/ review / (whatever term one wants to use) the customer feedback that you see on the website. The nature of humans is that they only open their mouths when they have a complaint. So most reviews would be negative. Loads of negative reviews equals no sales. 

FWIW the best cycling garment I've ever owned is a ciovita wind breaker thing. Cheap as chips. lasted forever and did it's job. It's recently been retired and replaced by an asics equivalent

Edited by Duane_Bosch

16 hours ago, SSCC said:

Plenty of 1,2 and 3 star reviews. 

Yes. They do that specifically to make it look like the reviews are authentic.

But they'll balance that out with loads of OMG this pair of pants is a game changer type reviews. The overwhelming majority of the reviews you see will be positive.

If I may add to the Corsa2 part of the discussion. I bought one pair of Corsa 2, and 2 pairs of Supremo bibs at a Cycle Lab sale. At an estimate the Supremos have done roughly 80 100km+ rides each and they are still very comfortable and far from displaying any unsightly crack. 

The Corsa2 however, lasted 3 exceptionally uncomfortable rides before the chamois stitching unravelled. I don’t personally know anyone who has something positive to say about them.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:13 PM, Duane_Bosch said:

The only one in SA where you're likely to get anything approaching honest reviews is Takealot.

I would not even rate their reviews to be honest. They normally ask for a review straight after you've bought the product, so unless its totally crap straight out the box, you'll normally see a good review

I bought a Ciovita jersey at the 2020  CTCT expo just before the first lockdown, and haven't done much riding since. 

The problem with the Ciovita jersey is that it has since shrunk at least two sizes whilst packed away neatly in my cupboard till now.

Is it too late to post a 1star review ?