Zwift Subscription

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The free 25Km that Zwift gives every month, is enough for me to get some hard rides (and occassionally the climb portal). Mostly ride on Ventop route for L4-5 intervals.

Cool, glad that works for you. I would recommend trying out Indievelo for the same experience but without any restrictions, but to each their own, right? :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just prefer the racing on Indievelo, than on Zwift.
I like that you can actually feel less resistance from the trainer when drafting, or more resistance depending on the wind direction.
But mostly I like that I have a decent shot at a good race. Depending on the route and the riders entered, I might be in Pen 1 for one event, but Pen 2 for another. Instead of in Zwift, entering in ex. B per my FTP and having no chance against riders who clearly shouldn't be in that category.

Zwift is awesome, and if it had a proper automatic ranking system 2+ years ago, I would probably still have been using it.

1 hour ago, dexterdent said:

Cool, glad that works for you. I would recommend trying out Indievelo for the same experience but without any restrictions, but to each their own, right? :)

Already using IndieVelo, because of the integration with Intervals.icu calendarIMG_5225.jpeg.f7663166f1212ced70e8075f18b27816.jpeg

2 hours ago, dexterdent said:

Hiehie ....

Resistance to change is REAL ....

I will run out Zwift free miles this month, and will then be "forced" to give mywhoosh yet another try, or based on recent posts I will then go the Indievelo route :thumbup:

Last year we had a WET winter, and I got use out of my Zwift subscription.  This year I have done all my real riding outside.  I now only need a quick warm up ride before other exercises a couple of mornings per month,,,,, perfect excuse to try out other platforms.

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Hiehie ....

Resistance to change is REAL ....

I will run out Zwift free miles this month, and will then be "forced" to give mywhoosh yet another try, or based on recent posts I will then go the Indievelo route :thumbup:

Last year we had a WET winter, and I got use out of my Zwift subscription.  This year I have done all my real riding outside.  I now only need a quick warm up ride before other exercises a couple of mornings per month,,,,, perfect excuse to try out other platforms.

I had some fun trying out pretty much all of the platforms with their free trials - but then again I like indoor training which already makes me a weirdo.

I had some fun trying out pretty much all of the platforms with their free trials - but then again I like indoor training which already makes me a weirdo.

Only reason I did not try out every single free trial ... my old pc could not run the other platforms.

When Zwift changed to Win10 as a minimum my system started suffering.  I eventually got a nice new system for the trainer.

Perfect time to start playing and test the whole lot :)  Had a nice session this morning, and did more time and distance than needed for the warmup .. so will run out of Zwift earlier this month.  GOOD ... 

22 hours ago, HdB said:

I just prefer the racing on Indievelo, than on Zwift.
I like that you can actually feel less resistance from the trainer when drafting, or more resistance depending on the wind direction.
But mostly I like that I have a decent shot at a good race. Depending on the route and the riders entered, I might be in Pen 1 for one event, but Pen 2 for another. Instead of in Zwift, entering in ex. B per my FTP and having no chance against riders who clearly shouldn't be in that category.

Zwift is awesome, and if it had a proper automatic ranking system 2+ years ago, I would probably still have been using it.

This. It definitely feels like the current B cat races are mostly A cat riders sandbagging. IMO, guys pushing above 6 w/kg for 5 minutes  and then just creeping in with race average of 4 w/kg with an average heart rate of 140 bpm, should be racing A cat. 

On 7/4/2024 at 2:47 PM, dexterdent said:

Installed IndieVelo last night - EASY process.

Pairing the sensors was quick and easy.

Only thing I did not see at first was how to upload rides to Strava and GarminConnect.  Strava link works fine.  GarminConnect link immediately pops up a message that Garmin is not allowing the uploads, and then advising on how to manually upload the fit file.  While using it for warm-up rides this is a non-issue.

Used IndieVelo for this morning's war-up ride.  NICE !!!  Actually carried on riding longer than the warm-up time.

Looking forward to seeing more of their routes.

THANKS Hubbers for this recommendation.

I did the 4km TT challenge yesterday - fun! it shows your time relative to everyone else who tried it, and it is filterable by country so please go ahead and obliterate my time :)

Also starting to learn descending corners are handled much better than zwift, although it means you might need to pay some more attention.

20 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Installed IndieVelo last night - EASY process.

Pairing the sensors was quick and easy.

Only thing I did not see at first was how to upload rides to Strava and GarminConnect.  Strava link works fine.  GarminConnect link immediately pops up a message that Garmin is not allowing the uploads, and then advising on how to manually upload the fit file.  While using it for warm-up rides this is a non-issue.

Used IndieVelo for this morning's war-up ride.  NICE !!!  Actually carried on riding longer than the warm-up time.

Looking forward to seeing more of their routes.

THANKS Hubbers for this recommendation.

Also started using it this week.

Much easier on the old laptop than myWhoosh (and no 17gb downloads....)

Very impressed thus far

So i gave Mywhoosh a go last week...

I have got atleast 3 years on zwift and another 3 on Rouvy so it was refreshing trying something new.

The big download was a bit of a kill joy. If you want to try it out, download and setup up the day before.

I just did a free ride but I was super impressed, function and feel was good. I have a solid laptop(i9, 64gb ram and an RTX graphics card) so it was smooth and fluid even streaming youtube on 1 screen and mywhoosh on the other.

Pairing and setup was quick and painless. Will give it a few months and see how it goes. 

I did the 4km TT challenge yesterday - fun! it shows your time relative to everyone else who tried it, and it is filterable by country so please go ahead and obliterate my time :)

Also starting to learn descending corners are handled much better than zwift, although it means you might need to pay some more attention.

It sounds painful, not fun ;) I had a quick look - only 3 SA riders have done the 4km TT challenge. Maybe I will check after work, not often I can get a top 10 at something

Hi all those that are interested in joining the rouvy sub how do we go about this

With the zwift price hike I moved to MyWhoosh. Cant see myself going back. Solid training plans. And also there is a pink colnago I can now chase to unlock :)