Looks too good to be true

Check this on Facebook - looks too good to be true! What do you guys think? Doesn’t add up??IMG_0623.png.c2cf2e0e5df07053348d9c47b5d66d5b.png

If it looks too good to be true then it probably is, like the Wahoo bundle that was advertised here earlier for R11000

offer R7500 and see if they bite

Maybe they left a zero off the end? I did that this morning when advertising a car and had a flood of responses to the Limited edition Alfa Romeo going for a steal at R27 500🙄🤦‍♂️

It's easier to steal photos from the internet than it is to steal a bike. It's very unlikely that they have this bike in their possession. They ask for a deposit or the payment upfront and then disappear. It's the most common scam nowadays.

30 minutes ago, Nick said:

It's easier to steal photos from the internet than it is to steal a bike. It's very unlikely that they have this bike in their possession. They ask for a deposit or the payment upfront and then disappear. It's the most common scam nowadays.

I've seen this a lot on Facebook Marketplace over the last while, specifically on some Osprey hiking bags I've been interested in. Someone advertises something for a ridiculously great price, and when you contact them, they're never available for you to meet up, but will keep the item for you if you pay a deposit. Or otherwise they want a deposit before they'll ship the thing to you. If you tell them you'll only pay when you see the item, or delay at all in sending the money, you end up getting spammed with loads of messages asking you to pay and promises that they're trustworthy, and lowering the deposit requested. I haven't been caught yet, but my spidey senses are definitely up when it comes to super lower prices and over eager sellers. 

11 hours ago, wolver said:

Maybe they left a zero off the end? I did

that this morning when advertising a car and had a flood of responses to the Limited edition Alfa Romeo going for a steal at R27 500🙄🤦‍♂️

What Alfa are you selling ?

21 minutes ago, wolver said:

GT 3.2 V6 Centenary Edition (27 of 30 made)

60566d02-81ea-4c29-b1b9-9ae78aa3a3b0.jpeg

Wow, that's a seriously beautiful car 🤩

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Cheap skate 😵

How about 55k cash ☝️

Hey I offered 2.5k above asking price way better than the lowball offer that WBC will make. And did I mention it is cash.

Edited by Barry

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Hey I offered 2.5k above asking price way better than the lowball offer that WBC will make. And did I mention it is cash.

I actually made money from WBC because they didn’t know what they were looking at.. 

had a 420D in a brand new manual(🤮) for a couple months and it was hideous.. bmw wouldn’t even give me 400k for it (no one wanted it😭😭) finally tried them and they came in at 490k.. owed 470k on it🤣🤣🤣🤣.. 

5 hours ago, wolver said:

GT 3.2 V6 Centenary Edition (27 of 30 made)

60566d02-81ea-4c29-b1b9-9ae78aa3a3b0.jpeg

Wowzer. What a looker. And the correct engine to boot.

red flags to look out for

pixelated image. reverse searching usually shows the original pic

cant format a decent ad.

probably an account created in 2024..biggest red flag after price

price too low