Love this frame...

_Daemon_

dont like the giant frame, name is almost invisable with black and blue together - are they embarrased??

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont like the giant frame' date=' name is almost invisable with black and blue together - are they embarrased??[/quote']

Maybe even Giant doesn't want to be seen riding a Giant?Wink

dont like the giant frame' date=' name is almost invisable with black and blue together - are they embarrased??[/quote']

It's called subtlety and understatement. It says "Yeah, our bike is f_cking cool, in fact our bike is so f_cking cool, we don't have to splash massive logo's all over it, everyone knows it's one of ours because it's so f_cking cool." all about the subtle nuances my friends.

Amen Titus my dude, amen....

Geometry on that Giant is fricking perfect.

In size S is has a 72 Degree head angle with 73.5 degree seat tube.

Wheelbase is 97.6cm i think.

Been toying with the idea of a Custom Titus Ligero or Vuelo Exogrid but this Giant is making me think twice......it's also half the cost!

Spidey' date=' is this a scratch, or were they joined the two halves together and just haven't polished it out

20061130_033654_scratch.JPG?

[/quote']

Sorry Thug.

Only saw this now.

It is where the Carbon layers are joined.  Fork has got as well......

same as on my R3 - (cant see it on the fork)

Same as my new love of my life  Trek 6.9 ssL. Its been sprayed ( or looks sprayed) silver/grey , but when you turn it so that the light reflects off it , it gives off that raw carbon look.Wink

Amen Titus my dude' date=' amen....

?

?

Been toying with the idea of a Custom Titus Ligero or Vuelo Exogrid but this Giant is making me think twice......it's also half the cost!
[/quote']

Where did you find the geometry for this frame, GoLefty?

I've been looking everywhere. It's a bit confusing, because Giant seems to have different geometry on each of its models.

I subscribe to the Cervelo school of though that each frame should have the same seat tube angle. Annoys me when the seat angle slacks too much on larger frames.

On the Australian Site I think they have geometry, I say go look at the Australian site because our imports are almost the same.

Amen Titus my dude' date=' amen....

[/quote']

Where did you find the geometry for this frame, GoLefty?

I've been looking everywhere. It's a bit confusing, because Giant seems to have different geometry on each of its models.

I subscribe to the Cervelo school of though that each frame should have the same seat tube angle. Annoys me when the seat angle slacks too much on larger frames.

From the 2007 catalogue.

Top tube measurement is 53.5cm for the small

Medium's dimensions are

TT = 55.5

Seat angle = 73. degrees

head angle = 73 degrees

wheelbase = 98 cm

can't remember the large cos it has no relevance to me

should be on the Aussie or taiwanese webpages though.

I don't believe tat they are correct in that philosophy.

fortunately thereplanty of choice in the market..

I don't believe tat they are correct in that philosophy.

fortunately thereplanty of choice in the market..
I rode the giant tcr0 for a few years, didn't like it at all, the back wheel kept stepping out on the rough stuff and the ride is not nice, the fitting is ok but the CERVELO R3 kicks it's ass........in weight and ride comfort.

My buddy just bought this frame. Should I still be seen in his company?

20070111_073422_Colnago.jpg

can ride this bike after a hectic trance party..Big%20smile