Sports drinks??

where can u buy FiT and who is the manufacture / distributor?

West Rand Cycles stock FIT. And ya, they advived on using the Forest Berry, cause the Tangarine tastes like cr*p.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FiT used to sponsor HSBC and Thabiso.

Very good.

Cervelo is right............go for the Forest Berry......

Big word of advice...
Never....EVER leave it in the sun and use it the next day.....

I find the Power Bar endurance and recovery drinks to be pretty good.

Currently using them, just freakin expensive. Paid R1500 for gels, bars, endurance and recovery.Ouch And its lasts 2-3 weeks.Cry

The new Whaspgel is awesome Launched at 94.7 and it was great. I think available at Dischem and a few stores such as Morne Bester that I know of but their website is www.whaspgel.com

Big%20smile

"Help--I did the 94.7 & Sunday's 200k Ian Kernick memorial..on both occasions I was drained of energy..literally had "nothing left" 94.7 at the 70k mark & the 200 at the 110k mark...

Now I used FIT before (great stuff) then changed to "Energade" (don't ask..shout instead)...it felt like my bloodsugar dropped instantly & sapped me of everything I had...I ate & drank like I would always....

I decided to go back on FIT products...

ANY THOUGHTS ?????

"DTThumbs%20Up"

energade is sugar water.

you need to use the right carbs. 8-11g per kg body weight per day. higher end for racing

yes but 8-11 g/day doesn't say at what rate you should ingest cho during exercise - see my earlier postings on this topic. You should be taking about 50-60 grams per hour from the start of exrcise, so read the label to determine how much you get from your drink. Turns out sucrose - energade - may be better than glucose ito of how much the bdy oxidises, but either way, no study has yet shown better performance with different sugars, so go for palatability and price and around 50-60 g/hour, and ideally, a pre-event meal. BTW, the GI of that pre-event meal does NOT matter, when you take an energy drink during exercise.

Hmm - If you have unlimited funds, just buy the expensive stuff - you get what you pay for, not?

Most funrides you DON'T need any extra carbs anyway, so CvanC's water approach could very well get you thereThumbs%20Up.

I use Clifton HYPOTONIC, and for a proper sugar spike I'll resort to Coke.

PS: Clifton is dirt cheapBig%20smile

either way, no study has yet shown better performance with different sugars, so go for palatability and price and around 50-60 g/hour,

Now this deals specifically with energy requirements... doesn't the body have other requirements, for example electrolyte replacement, in extended exercise? Noakes suggests taking your energy drink with a pinch of salt (pun intended) but in the same breath recommends, I think it was called, FRN.

Are some drinks more equal than others?

P.S. Have used Biomax (think it's now called Bionic), Energade, Powerade, Vooma, Gu, currently Cytomax, and generally sucked with all of them. As opposed to sucked on all of them.

Often cramped with the gels (not enough water?) and doing OK with Cytomax.

You should really try the High Five stuff.Voted best sport nutrition in almost all categories from gels to drinks and bars.www.highfive.co.uk

Huh?? the notion that there is some ideal "balance" of carbohydrates is pure marketing baloney.

...the rate of delivery to the intestine from the stomach is dependent on the concentration of the carb drink and the drinking pattern' date=' i.e. the more you drink, the faster it is delivered to the intestine (ok up to a point). At the concentrations we use these drinks, the different sugars are absorbed equal rates.

[/quote']

My use of the word "balance" was in reference to the concentration of CHO and it's affects on absorbtion as opposed to the type of CHO - poor phrasing.

What is the concentration of Energade in comparison to a drink like Refuel ?

most commercial drinks go for 8 % cho concentration, on the basis of many studies showing better gastric emptying at that concentratio , but at UCT we have always used 10 % glucose (bit sweet though), and Refuel is also 10 %, as the gastic emptying difference between 8 and 10 % is minimal, and overcome when drinking sufficient volumes, ie 500 ml/h, bcause the stomach empties faster the greater the volume you through into it. 

I use Enervit,the drink is not sweet at all.There whole range is designed to keep your sugar levels constant and if you need the extra burst at end i use the cheer pack it gives you a helluva kick.Available at  all dischems and cycle shops

I bought a drink called "REPLENISH" recently. It has the same amount of carbs as the Fast Fuel I was using but it's sucrose free so it has only about 60% of the kilojoules.

Is that a good or bad thing or doesn't it really matter ? I'm not diabetic so the sugar content is not a factor but I'm just wondering if it's good to have lots of kj's or if it doesn't matter either way.

From Fit Website<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We hope you find the information on this site useful & interesting ? plus we have a GREAT COMPETITION with R75000 worth of prizes running! There are FOUR interim draws plus a GRAND PRIZE draw between <?:namespace prefix = st1 />15 November 2006 and 02 April 2007.

Hey MDK555......I won a pair of gloves in this competition!!!Thumbs%20Up  Thanks for the heads up!!!!!Clap