Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never was a fan of NIN because all the goths used to do their jumpy thing on the dancefloor...but was listening to a documentary on William Burroughs (narrated by iggy pop nogal) and they kept playing closer in the background. With the 20 years hiatus since this came out, retrospectively it has some merit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaA4zHMnwDs

While on William Burroughs - the Iggy pop song Lust for life has multiple references to his book the ticket that exploded...iggy wrote the words and bowie the music on a ukulele

I also learnt that Iggy was somewhat of a literature and english prodigy and when he won a Grade 8 english prize he chose a burroughs book and within a year was emulating him with his heroin addiction! 

Started the morning with this tune

Quite ironic as this was the first song when I switched the car on this morning - last night's song had just finished playing when I switched off.

Quite excited about this...

Haven't heard his solo stuff (will you tube it now) - but a nice trip down nostalgia lane.post-44041-0-39476700-1424283842_thumb.jpg

Quite excited about this...

Haven't heard his solo stuff (will you tube it now) - but a nice trip down nostalgia lane.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I saw it on Facebook last night.

Saw him the last time he came out, as The Mission.

He is a great artist .

I saw it on Facebook last night.

Saw him the last time he came out, as The Mission.

He is a great artist .

Booked ! missed the mission when they were here during my bebop days. Edited by Uni

something you must listen to. To 99 out of 100 people the opening chord of a hard days night is just a strum on an electric guitar, but Randy Bachman was given access to abbey Road archive by george martins son (who is the custodian of all the beatles recordings) and was able to see what it actually comprises of

I learnt today that there is a whole subculture dedicated to that opening chord trying to discern what it is..the muso's amongst us may already know.. kind of highlights how brilliant the beatles were though.