Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this morning driving before 6am admiring the sun making its way through the start of early morning mists - this was playing..

Skrillex, the linkin park of dub step  :whistling:

TBH, I was never a fan of skrillex and his genre of music.

Due to me being exposed to the toxicity of a teenager living in my house, I have grown to tolerate, and in certain instances enjoy his music (yes, it is music)

Electronic music is always discredited by many "musos" as something that anyone with a computer can do. I have seen however, that Skrillex is a true musician, he plays drums, guitar as well a keyboard, in many styles. As do a lot of the electronic artists.

Another good example is Above & Beyond. a trio of very passionate musicians, where, once their songs have been stripped down, makes some of the most awesome acoustic music.

So, by the same merit, once I knew a little about skrillex, seeing him teaming up with korn, I was not at all surprised that it is pure awesomeness.

I know, lots of purists are probably peeing in their pants little by little because i use the term musician in the same paragraph as skrillex, electronic music etc...but:

http://ci.memecdn.com/763/4232763.jpg

I know, lots of purists are probably peeing in their pants little by little because i use the term musician in the same paragraph as skrillex, electronic music etc...but:

I have no problem with upsetting purists.

In honor of a good friend who passed away today, Bernard Binns of the Iconic SA Band of the 90's - "The Helicopters"

No more emails, no more calls,.......Rest In Peace my friend.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy