Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Gary Clark Jr fan for years but this song awakens the beast even more than usual. Cranking it with the bass turned up makes me feel like going out to punch a super villain.

track had me at the intro

I've been a Gary Clark Jr fan for years but this song awakens the beast even more than usual. Cranking it with the bass turned up makes me feel like going out to punch a super villain.

That was awesome!

I love his work, first heard him in the movie Chef. Immediately google'd who the muso was- downloaded his stuff off itunes after that :D 

how awesome is it that we live in a world where Youtube and sites like Deezer let us explore music, and then just see where the road takes you.

i absolutely love it. I get lost in rabbit holes clicking through suggestions and find the most interesting things. 

Rabbit holes. May I bore you guys with some.

'60s Early '70s. Guy by the name of Steve Rowland is in a band called Family Dogg with one Albert Hammond.  Hammond leaves. Rowland records an album . He somehow stumbles across songs by an artist called Sixto Rodriques.

On his new album he records five songs from Cold Fact plus one unreleased song, without knowing who this person is.

And according to the book " Searching for Sugarman", the hired hands in the studio were: Reginald Dwight , Jimmy Page , John Bonham and John Paul Jones.

Elton John and Led Zeppelin (minus Robert Plant) playing Rodriques songs in a studio for a band that would remain almost unknown. And a composer that would be lost for another 30 years.

I find these connections amazing.

Disclaimer : Facts as I remember them.

Edited by Blokman