VA spinning instructors

zeepee

why not do your 20min on the other bikes outside the class?

Thats what i ended up doing, but i dont understand what difference it'll make.

I mean this guy is such a professional he instructs his class with takkies, normal shorts and a t-shirt?

Maybe he was worried that because i didnt follow his expert warmup routine my legs might explode

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the spinning instructor in the 16:00 class yesterday.  I think she forgot her spinning shoes at home.  There she was standing next to her spinning bike kitted out in cycling clothes but with golden sandels smiley36.gif.  Thought it looked rather funny.

I would have probably just ignored him and continued anyway LOL. Would have made him more angry

Ride your bike outside, much better. No one to tell you to get out of class, well... there are idiots in tin cans that tell you to get the ****of the road.

Everytime i sit in a spinning class i think of that Toyota Corrola ad' date=' where the skinny black dude goes to the spinning class with the flames on the roof and the demon instructor barking at them....LOL

[/quote']

"try spinning......"

"man it was torture!"

great advert

I 100% support the fact that u cant join a class without having done the warm up. experienced cyclist or not. consitency is more nb....

if all VA instructors did that it would be no problem....but some are lax with the rules. I dont think anyone should join a class late....no matter who u are...

I ride outside most days but cant allways make it and dont like riding in the dark. Thats why it annoys me to have to go to a spinning class and then get treated like that when i could've (should've) been outside

I 100% support the fact that u cant join a class without having done the warm up. experienced cyclist or not. consitency is more nb....

if all VA instructors did that it would be no problem....but some are lax with the rules. I dont think anyone should join a class late....no matter who u are...

i dont have a problem with that, just the way he did it that p!ssed me off

I am a qualified Spinning instructor and used to do the 94.7 VA Spinning class promotions.

I was also a guest instructor at MANY different VA's as well as other "smaller" facilities.

I also assisted and did refresher and upgrade training classes for instructors.

The rule of not allowing people in late or leaving early is Pathetic. however when a person does arrive late, ADVISE them to warm up for a few minutes before they do what the class is doing.

I had MANY top cyclist coming to my classes as my classes where more cycling specific than just the general MUMBO jumbo.

Also cyclist training for specific needs <Base< Intervals, Strength > etc were more than welcome as they new they would be able to do their own training,.

Funny thing was, I was always taking over the half full classes and within weeks the classes had awaiting lists.

Strange could be the difference in attitude.

I ride outside most days but cant allways make it and dont like riding in the dark. Thats why it annoys me to have to go to a spinning class and then get treated like that when i could've (should've) been outside

Stop moaning here and go speak to the Manager on duty and sort it out.

I am sure that if you have a valid complaint they will address the issue.

It is a rule that no one may enter after 10min, but this rule does not get enforced and no one cares about the rule then one day a instructor wakes up and gets out of bed with the wrong foot and just goes out of his/her way to prove a point. 

We have one or two very good cycling spinning instructors at Centurion but the rest of the gym suck.

Have a look at some of the complaints on Hello Peter about the club and the aircon!

http://www.hellopeter.com/my_comment.asp?recid=200281

http://www.hellopeter.com/my_comment.asp?recid=170519

http://www.hellopeter.com/my_comment.asp?recid=142353

http://www.hellopeter.com/my_comment.asp?recid=137194

O and they didn't do anything yet!!!

Stop moaning here and go speak to the Manager on duty and sort it out.

I am sure that if you have a valid complaint they will address the issue.

Thanks for your valuable input, if your read the whole post you would see that i did.

I heard about this from the members yesterday, and personally don?t agree with what happened and how. It can sometimes however be disruptive for the other members and instructor, having people arrive late, or spinning through a cool down.  

Spinning unlike other classes can more easily accommodate late comers and people leaving early although not ideal. But it?s your workout and you determine your effort levels hopefully the instructor is inspiring enough to get the participation from the members.

The Gym?s need a variety of instructors to accommodate the members and class types offered. It?s impossible to accommodate everyone?s needs so we try please the majority.

I do believe that there is a problem with some of the ?instructors? that are qualifying but hopefully the member feedback and class attendance will determine how long the instructors career lasts.

There are some excellent instructors in the system and they deliver huge value to many members at the gyms.   

Garry

you guys should all go and attend a spinning class with donkey at VA gardens, ape town.

He IS a legend of an instructor. highly qualified and even more entertaining!

Thumbs%20Up

I heard about this from the members yesterday' date=' and personally don?t agree with what happened and how. It can sometimes however be disruptive for the other members and instructor, having people arrive late, or spinning through a cool down.  

Spinning unlike other classes can more easily accommodate late comers and people leaving early although not ideal. But it?s your workout and you determine your effort levels hopefully the instructor is inspiring enough to get the participation from the members.

The Gym?s need a variety of instructors to accommodate the members and class types offered. It?s impossible to accommodate everyone?s needs so we try please the majority.

I do believe that there is a problem with some of the ?instructors? that are qualifying but hopefully the member feedback and class attendance will determine how long the instructors career lasts.

There are some excellent instructors in the system and they deliver huge value to many members at the gyms.   

Garry

[/quote']

Welcome to the Hub Garry. Smile

I did my first spinning class earlier this year, and fortunately you were the instructor.  I have done hundreds of these classes since, and for me the instructor makes or brakes the class. You are obviously doing something right, as your classes are always full (although most of them are ladies, but I have never complained about it Big%20smile).

I travel frequently and visit many different VAs, and Sunninghill's early morning instructors are definitely a cut above the rest. I just miss my early Thursday morning puke with Danny, what has happened to him?

Regards from the mountainbiker.