Know What Is In Your Medicine!!!!

Pro-Funrider

Did you give your prize money back? I see you came 6th.

Can't help but think that becuase it is a TCS rider, there is sympathy from the Hub.

I am in the same position as Eben, work 9-5 etc, if I go to the Doc first thing I take out is my drug free sport handbook. You lot where all crying for blood with dopers in the Tour etc, life time bans, and then this guy comes along a cries over spilt milk, throwing himself on the mercy of the HUB and you all sympathise will him. Hypocrits!!!!!!!!!

Embarrassing to say the least.

Eben, I hope I never race against you ever again.
Gary Rabie2009-01-16 08:09:55

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely put Gary. Remember when we raced Schools, we used the mims drugs in sport book even back then...

Nicely put Gary. Remember when we raced Schools' date=' we used the mims drugs in sport book even back then... [/quote']

every licened rider should get a copy with their licence, or download the list form the website.

TNT- I rememeber the MIMS book well. Got some strange looks form Docs as a school telling to make sure the stuff the prescribed me was legal.

Why race if you have flu (unless you were going for the win?)

Bakwena's weather was dismal. If you had flu, you should've stayed in bed. Your flu could've changed to pneumonia.

But you still ave. 43km/h on the race regardless of your flu ridden body?

Did you give your prize money back? I see you came 6th.

Can't help but think that becuase it is a TCS rider' date=' there is sympathy from the Hub.

I am in the same position as Eben, work 9-5 etc, if I go to the Doc first thing I take out is my drug free sport handbook. You lot where all crying for blood with dopers in the Tour etc, life time bans, and then this guy comes along a cries over spilt milk, throwing himself on the mercy of the HUB and you all sympathise will him. Hypocrits!!!!!!!!!

Embarrassing to say the least.

Eben, I hope I never race against you ever again.
[/quote']

dont bother... I posted a topic a while ago about guys using ephedrine at races and how to spot the riders who were on ephedrine (shaking, goosebumps, dry mouth).

All the dopers came out of the woodwork and rubbished my claims with the most creative excuses as to why they would have those symptoms.

In all fairness I feel sorry for eben. I feel sorry because it is unfair that he is being singled out. What about the 5 guys in front of him? I bet you they're all on juice as well..

Guest Baaisiekel

The minimum suspension ( sentence ) for a first offender should have been 2 years ! It is just a matter of time before everybody forget about this scandal. Why can't we have some sort of a website where this dopers names can be "blacklisted" ?

Can someone knowledgable tell us how long ephedrine lasts in your body?

I must admit: I race licenced sometimes and I took some cough mixture once when I was very sick without even thinking if it had banned substances. Obviously I wasn't racing, because I was sick. But say the cough mixture had ephedrine, and say I raced a month later and got tested. Would I be in the same boat as Eben?

You can read about suspensed riders on CSA's website.

When I read it on CSA's website yesterday afternoon, I am sure the note read each rider was suspended for one year.

how to spot the riders who were on ephedrine (shaking' date=' goosebumps, dry mouth).

[/quote']

BS...I never show any such symptoms.

how to spot the riders who were on ephedrine (shaking' date=' goosebumps, dry mouth).

[/quote']

BS...I never show any such symptoms.

ja, but you're hardcore LOL

I have a "banned substance" list from WADA from 2008 - I don't know if there's an updated

version but as a lot of the guys have recommended - if you're racing at

the highest levels of the amateur sport you should be aware of what you

are putting down your thoat.

Unfortunately I can't upload it due to a technical hitch with THE HUB web-site but an extract of prohibited substances is below.

As soon as THE HUB web-site is accepting uploads I'll post it again for those who are interested...

S6. STIMULANTS

All stimulants (including both their (D- & L-) optical isomers where relevant) are prohibited, except imidazole derivatives for topical use and those stimulants included in the 2008 Monitoring Program*.

Stimulants include:

Adrafinil, adrenaline**, amfepramone, amiphenazole, amphetamine, amphetaminil, benzphetamine, benzylpiperazine, bromantan, cathine***, clobenzorex, cocaine, cropropamide, crotetamide, cyclazodone, dimethylamphetamine, ephedrine****, etamivan, etilamphetamine, etilefrine, famprofazone, fenbutrazate, fencamfamin, fencamine, fenetylline, fenfluramine, fenproporex, furfenorex, heptaminol, isometheptene, levmethamfetamine, meclofenoxate, mefenorex, mephentermine, mesocarb, methamphetamine (D-), methylenedioxyamphetamine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine, p-methylamphetamine, methylephedrine****, methylphenidate, modafinil, nikethamide, norfenefrine, norfenfluramine, octopamine, ortetamine, oxilofrine, parahydroxyamphetamine, pemoline, pentetrazol, phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, phenpromethamine, phentermine, 4-phenylpiracetam (carphedon), prolintane, propylhexedrine, selegiline, sibutramine, strychnine, tuaminoheptane and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).

* The following substances included in the 2008 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, pseudoephedrine, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.

** Adrenaline associated with local anaesthetic agents or by local administration (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) is not prohibited.

*** Cathine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 5 micrograms per milliliter.

**** Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.

The Prohibited List 2008

September 22, 2007

A stimulant not expressly mentioned as an example under this section should be considered as a Specified Substance only if the Athlete can establish that the substance is particularly susceptible to unintentional anti-doping rule violations because of its general availability in medicinal products or is less likely to be successfully abused as a doping agent.

dont bother... I posted a topic a while ago about guys using ephedrine at races and how to spot the riders who were on ephedrine (shaking' date=' goosebumps, dry mouth).

All the dopers came out of the woodwork and rubbished my claims with the most creative excuses as to why they would have those symptoms.

In all fairness I feel sorry for eben. I feel sorry because it is unfair that he is being singled out. What about the 5 guys in front of him? I bet you they're all on juice as well..
[/quote']

Oi, my mounth is normally dry before a race and I get goose bumps and shake if it's cold too!

Guest Agteros

Pro-funrider, Ek ken jou van geen kant af nie, maar glo dat alles 'n mislike fout was. Cudos aan jou dat jy jou kop uitgesteek het en hierdie topic gepost het. Hopelik leer ander mense uit jou fout.

Aan al die ander wat so wil koppe afkap: Indien julle enige bewyse het dat hy die medikasie gebruik het om sy prestasie te verbeter, kom dan daarmee te vore en hou op met die afskietery.

As die man sy straf uitgedien het, hoekom moet daar verder teen hom gediskrimineer word deur 'n sogenaamde 'black list', waar trek ons hierdie diskriminasie lyste? Stopstrate skip, in die donker ry sonder ligte, 2 fietsryers langs mekaar (DIS TEEN DIE WET!!!)???

Hopelik is jy 'n engeltjie Baaisiekel, en ook nie ene wat geval het nie, want onthou ALMAL MAAK FOUTE!!! Wat mens die persoon maak wie jy is, is hoe jy op jou foute reageer.

Oi' date=' my mounth is normally dry before a race and I get goose bumps and shake if it's cold too!
[/quote']

dude - you're just insane. no amount of drugs in the world could cure your madness Wink

I have to admit, theHub forum neve seize to amaze me. I do have sympathy for Pro_funrider aka Eben. Taking the thread into review, he post he was tested positive, sentenced and then he warns the peeps (hmm, is this then a peepshow? just by the way) on this forum.

I agree on all counts doping is not good for any sport. Okey so Eben is nt a pro rider, meaning he is not really in it for the money and bla bla bla....

Its easy to throw stones when the rest of you criticsing and slanting him will never do well enough in a race to warrant a dope test...

Oh' date=' and the rest of you who think doping is confined to one or two random idiots in the pro's overseas: Wakey wakey! [/quote']

Cough mixture is one of the oldest stimulants.

Might have swigged it from the bottle