One year on..

epoh

It just occurred to me that I have been cycling now for 1 year 4 days. So far I have really enjoyed it and met some awesome people on the road as well as on The Hub.

I am sure there are people on here that have been cycling for many years and one year cannot compare but I am just glad I stuck through, lost all the weight and achieved what I sat out do achieve. So many people in life start something and then they quit halfway through.

It was tough to get into it but now it is so much easier now that I have some sort of a base and I am still as motivated as day one to keep going and enjoy the sport.

For all the new and old cyclists, keep it up, its an awesome sport Clap!

congrats epoh - seems you and I are in the same boat!

may my wife NEVER EVER EVER find out how much all this is costing me - or even worse - discover how dangerous the Engen Classic is every morning!

i should also add that i feel a million times better than i felt last year this time - no more visits to the Morningside ER thinking that I am getting a heart-attack on my way to work!

ClapClap Well done epoh!!!

I find it hard to believe you've only been riding for a year....

It took me a year just to realise one doesn't wear underpants under your cycling shorts!!!LOL

Well said there I am in the same boat started with a mountain bike in nov 2005 and bought my road bike in 2006 1st october. And what you say there is so true . So many great people out there who also enjoy cycling and the guys and girls here on the Hub Big%20smile My first ever bike was a hand down girls bike in 1964 and my dad removed the pedals so I could not ride in the streets with feet on the handlebars. at age 4 LOL

i have been riding since july last year, i rode 4 races on a mtb and december got myself my new road bike, man i'm loving this sport, and you all right 100% in change, i meen in fitness and everything else...

It just occurred to me that I have been cycling now for 1 year 4 days. So far I have really enjoyed it and met some awesome people on the road as well as on The Hub.

I am sure there are people on here that have been cycling for many years and one year cannot compare but I am just glad I stuck through' date=' lost all the weight

It was tough to get into it but now it is so much easier now that I have some sort of a base and I am still as motivated as day one to keep going and enjoy the sport.

For all the new and old cyclists, keep it up, its an awesome sport Clap!

[/quote']

epoh you have just written my story! Since October 2005 (15 months ago) I dropped 41 kgs in weight and found my passion in life! This past October I had a fall (tiger fishing on the Zambezi in Zambia) and broke 5 ribs. Hellishly painful but I had the determination to get back on the bike. This past Saturday I rode the 60 km Berge and Dale!!! For me it was a major milestone. Wacko

I think I've been riding in cycling shorts since 1991 - whats that ? 17 years.......I should really be a lot better at this.

indeed an awesome sport.

My first pair of shorts were from Pick 'n Pay in 1992. A pair of blue Olympic ones with the writing cracking as you stretch it.

Well done bro, you have progressed a hell of a lot in such a short space of time! Clap

Keep at it, and you will only get better.

Wish you many many more years!

7 years cycling , completed 7 Argus's, 6 94.7's, 5 H2H, 4 R4S, 3 R4V's , 2 Edenvales,  1 Crater Cruise.

Yup the sport is catchy. 

18th year, 10 Canoe Ironman, 2 Ultraman, 4 Argus (before I found out MTB was much more fun!), 5 Barberton challenge, 2 Sabie Experience, 1 vets Midvaal cycle tour (never again, these roadie okes are mean!), 3 94.7, 3 R4V, 4 24 hour team relay ................. and I only started riding without underwear about 7 or 8 years ago!

Scotty you right it is catchy and I don't have to drag myself out of bed to go and ride at 5 am, I want to!

7 years and almost 5 months and i'm still enjoying cycling and everything that goes along with it a little more each day!

Have been on and off the bike for 18 years. My wife and I have a backpack full of medals and a head full of memories.

Here's to teaching my two newborns the joys of riding a bike.

ClapClap Well done epoh!!!

I find it hard to believe you've only been riding for a year....

It took me a year just to realise one doesn't wear underpants under your cycling shorts!!!LOL

haha 101, well you have got it all worked out now Big%20smile Clap

Have been on and off the bike for 18 years. My wife and I have a backpack full of medals and a head full of memories.

Here's to teaching my two newborns the joys of riding a bike.

i agree teach the young ones, my daughter 9, has her 1st medal already, just keep taking them with, they love it.