Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See on the WP & Cape Winelands FB page that there has been another attack in the Strand on a cyclist yesterday. Same spot as last weeks attack on Wimpie van der Merwe and his cycling partner. R44 near the Caltex garage between Strand and Gordons Bay.

The young man has a knife in his head, hope that he is ok.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565982987183837&set=pcb.565982873850515&type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARCpWk-H_0v9huMFfNhEpIqWc2WsuXskBcxAxarcmJIJSo9wl6_iVpdpPoYxjhmHjwFTrVx7wqg72kEy&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB7IO-bQYoW3e1Btms-A63dd99QPsQpwnFPkEUkYtQeJejW6qtUy3f65P7WYBTOFda6IxSZlz5sLG5ALx-veY_XldnXo4GcxDKD1O44upZiNKf30NTtuiqe63xG0Z5mAIFjbOaYErZ_30jUZd-r9FxCWgwDaRKV5Ca65xCrtwWuxWzXuI25YQtwIMDNXQwqf65ItX8KOm0tfc9FxkG2E8OjczyNWf8XCrPCz86fOluSIZl4WTm705yfknzq5isbghZ1U215ibVktMR5NubV0BUzGJ8yOhun4UOYPSpiG_xA5bODqoeQ5vSJD91CHKiv8dnWqfQVMdJ2ygYxpOK2Z94

Happened yesterday apparently? Hectic! At first I thought it was a sick joke.

I've seen pics of the victim, with a knife sticking out the side of his head, just above the left ear.

It seems as if no report has been made to SAPS, though.

If this is the real victim, this oke is real lucky to be alive.

Edit: Wonder if the perps that attacked Wimpie and the lady, is still behind bars, as this looks like the only outcome the perp wanted was to kill or maim. As if it was a "revenge" attack

Edited by Wannabe

See on the WP & Cape Winelands FB page that there has been another attack in the Strand on a cyclist yesterday. Same spot as last weeks attack on Wimpie van der Merwe and his cycling partner. R44 near the Caltex garage between Strand and Gordons Bay.

The young man has a knife in his head, hope that he is ok.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565982987183837&set=pcb.565982873850515&type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARCpWk-H_0v9huMFfNhEpIqWc2WsuXskBcxAxarcmJIJSo9wl6_iVpdpPoYxjhmHjwFTrVx7wqg72kEy&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB7IO-bQYoW3e1Btms-A63dd99QPsQpwnFPkEUkYtQeJejW6qtUy3f65P7WYBTOFda6IxSZlz5sLG5ALx-veY_XldnXo4GcxDKD1O44upZiNKf30NTtuiqe63xG0Z5mAIFjbOaYErZ_30jUZd-r9FxCWgwDaRKV5Ca65xCrtwWuxWzXuI25YQtwIMDNXQwqf65ItX8KOm0tfc9FxkG2E8OjczyNWf8XCrPCz86fOluSIZl4WTm705yfknzq5isbghZ1U215ibVktMR5NubV0BUzGJ8yOhun4UOYPSpiG_xA5bODqoeQ5vSJD91CHKiv8dnWqfQVMdJ2ygYxpOK2Z94

That is horrific man!!

I was not mentally prepared to view that image.

but important to know this is REALITY

And the ANC government and police minister Cele want to outlaw self defence firearms!

There is currently a draft law which will make self defence an unacceptable reason for wanting a firearm licence ..... and those that have existing licences will be denied when their time comes to renew.

I am beyond words....

Edited by Mikejk

Very sadly and an indictment on SA that it has to be bizarre or unusual to even make the mainstream press. Also sadly I do not see the situation changing anytime soon. Take away VIP protection then maybe.

All the best for complete recovery to the rider.

No need to get GIS on this. Cape Town roads are dangerous everywhere. Drivers in this city just don't give a ****! They especially don't like being overtaken, hence the right lane hogging. This morning A woman tried to drive me off the road for overtaking her. She's doing 80 in the RH lane on the M3. I'm sitting behind her and after a few minutes of waiting I overtake in the left lane. She speeds up and steers her car toward me. :eek:  :cursing:

No picture of her car because my phone was locked in the glove box.

This is how Monday started. I'm now staring out of the window from my office and already here has been two accidents at the roundabout outside  :cursing: ....

cops have just arrived for the first rear ender... 

Runner mugged in Constantia on the weekend

Cyclist killed on M4, Plumstead two others seriously injured.

but plenty of speed cameras in operation this weekend

rant over

Also nearly got driven off the road on purpose.  On main road Claremont, turning down toward Imam Harron, a lady in a dark grey Toyota Yaris who had been hooting at me earlier swerved on purpose and nearly ran me over.  Unfortunately in my shocked state I failed to get her number plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 8 December, friend of mine survived an attempted bikejacking just before 6am in Albert Road near Gympie street, Woodstock. He was riding alone and guy lunged at him but he was able to avoid him and sprinted away. Will get more details and post later. Be careful out there.

Saturday, 8 December, friend of mine survived an attempted bikejacking just before 6am in Albert Road near Gympie street, Woodstock. He was riding alone and guy lunged at him but he was able to avoid him and sprinted away. Will get more details and post later. Be careful out there.

Seems the perp was not alone as there were more guys waiting in side street out of sight. Initially he saw one guy which made it inconspicuous at the time.

Seems the perp was not alone as there were more guys waiting in side street out of sight. Initially he saw one guy which made it inconspicuous at the time.

Glad that he was alert and managed to avoid the attack!!

Driving to work this morning before dawn ,amazed  at the drunks driving towards Cape Town   and more drunks crossing busy roads .

Be careful out there, the crazy season is here  

Thats hectic, i am glad he is okay. Yesterday, the same time, i would of also gone that way alone, i am glad i changed my mine????

****, I cycle past there every day. Who is buying those new apartments across the road? R1.8M for a 1 bedroom with a view of the railway tracks and gympie Street!

Considering myself lucky then as I went solo through there just after 6am yesterday morning.

I had a bit of an encounter on the new gravel bike path next to Annandale road (outside Stellenbosch) yesterday. A guy saw me coming (I mostly ride alone), jumped down the 2m verge and blocked the path. I saw him, and stopped about 20m short of him and asked what he wanted.

He started listing his Christmas list:

Food

water

a phone

Luckily, a passing motorist saw the scene unfolding and stopped. The guy took a look at the motorist and moved aside slightly. I took my chance and bolted past him, waving my sincere appreciation to the motorist. 

Definitely a new place to encounter trouble (and this was after I'd sh@t myself seeing a 1.5m snake an hour previously).