Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

rode the busline this morning. doesn't look like much of anything has changed at all. still smells like rotting flesh

Yip, was on the bike path myself.  Same, same - still looks like the cables are being replaced for the lights, which we do not need now, as the winter sun is nomore... Really? 🙃

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 7:16 PM, devocean said:

If you or a buddy of yours had words with an @sshole runner this evening while cycling up Big Bay hill, please get in touch. I was that @sshole runner and would like to buy you a beer or at least apologise!

You should cycle instead of running, I've only ever seen you on a bike and you were never an @sshole 🤣

On 10/12/2023 at 7:16 PM, devocean said:

If you or a buddy of yours had words with an @sshole runner this evening while cycling up Big Bay hill, please get in touch. I was that @sshole runner and would like to buy you a beer or at least apologise!

Pray tell what did you do that needs an apology?

7 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Pray tell what did you do that needs an apology?

Ag it was nothing major, just I thought the cyclist was being a dick and in a moment of weakness I reacted and then the cyclist overreacted to my reaction. Totally avoidable and unnecessary and I felt bad for causing bad vibes so I wanted to apologise to make things right in the world again. I pictured the guy getting home in a bad mood, snapping at the wife and kicking the dog and felt bad about that 😅

47 minutes ago, devocean said:

Ag it was nothing major, just I thought the cyclist was being a dick and in a moment of weakness I reacted and then the cyclist overreacted to my reaction. Totally avoidable and unnecessary and I felt bad for causing bad vibes so I wanted to apologise to make things right in the world again. I pictured the guy getting home in a bad mood, snapping at the wife and kicking the dog and felt bad about that 😅

I for one have been there for sure. 

On 11/2/2023 at 12:36 PM, Mamil said:

I for one have been there for sure. 

I recently kakked out a truly idiotic driver in the street where I work, just to see him pull in at the emergency ward of the hospital around the corner, dropping off what looked like a 9.5 month pregnant passenger ........ I felt like a bit of a **** for not looking and thinking before talking ....... since it seems to be Confession Friday

Edited by DJR

1 hour ago, DJR said:

I recently kakked out a truly idiotic driver in the street where work, just to see him pull in at the emergency ward of the hospital around the corner, dropping off what looked like a 9.5 month pregnant passenger ........ I felt like a bit of a **** for not looking and thinking before talking ....... since it seems to be Confession Friday

May that be a lesson to all of us not to hastily over react ☺️.  Get all the facts and then react 👍.

looking for a slightly new road route to get out to Paarl/Franschoek.

Coming from cape gate side, is waarburgh road safe nowadays? I remember reading about an incident but seems like it was about YEARS ago.

i was thinking of the stretch of waarburgh or sandringham, either side of the n1 to get me to teh Giraffe House/Old Paarl road.

cars on bottelery in the last while have been hectic, and want to avoid passing fisantekraal early in the morning.

thanks