Tri Nations...Madison win a scam

longbow

_popupControl();

Hey Chunks<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

When will you and Morne Blignaut team up for the epic?!

Come on  - give us some real sprinting action and Mike da Mike something real to get all loud about! 

I can already see Mike trying to dodge these 2 giant human bulls screaming down on him while firing on all cylinders as he seeks cover between the ABSA banners, pale in the face.  I would love to see a fishtailing mtb!

Can a leopard ever change its spots?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have any problem with "gentlemans agreements"  in bike racing. The season is long, and lots of guys have different targets and peak at different times.

If an opportunity comes along which allows a Pro or Semi pro a chance to make a few bucks, in an event which is not important to him, while still keeping the racing exciting, who am I to object?

It would only bother me if I knew about it.

BTW this is my new strategy for watching Paris_Nice, the classics etc.

When they start talking about drugs, I switch off. Makes my life a lot more enjoyable.

Oh Yes, Santa Claus DOES exist, and the Tooth Fairy too, and all them little elves and leprechauns.....

Manto DOESNT have aids, Jackie Selebi is VERY honest, SA NEEDS nuclear submarines in case Zimbabwe attacks ( in rowing boats), BEE is still valid if the same 12 black people are repeatedly "enabled", to the detriment of the entire black population... etc etc

lalalala ( as Marius would say) Wink

Irishj92007-03-15 16:30:10

Hey Longbow!

Thought you said you heard the ass end of the conversation? How can you make all these accusations, should you not get your facts straight first? Had a drink with Mr Thomas after the race and he seemed rather happy...

Should wtch what you accuse people of, might get the ass end of something up your own ass?

It will always happen. One year in the Tour de Langkawi it was the downfall of the South African team. Robert Hunter with Mapei US Dollars paid the South African team to chase down David George. It actually resulted in no South African winning the tour that year and Tom Danielson went on to win the tour.

Hmmmmmm, seems I am talking sh*t again.....

This was in fact not the case. I got the wrong idea of what actually happened.

Sorry Rob was not having a go at you personally, was just trying to get the point across about how the racing sometimes ends up.

I actually heard this not from David but from one of the other guys who were with you in Langkawi.

My Appologies. Embarrassed

The beauty of the Hub where heresay and accusations are implied as fact without any evidence, often leaving the offended parties left to clear the mud.

It will be interesting to hear from the other hubbers who rode at this meeting.

I noticed that some of our hubber track cyclists were logged on this morning but no-one offerred any comment.

I have also heard that race reports from any rider except CSC are not forthcoming for the media.

Grootlem, did you hear anything last night?

Guest Big H

Irishj DO NOT joke about the Military prowess of Zim. They currently have a working air force, a strong amoured corps and all the farm occupiers were in the navy as war veterans. They were all "semen" during their epic struggle!!!!!!

What obviously wasnt rigged was Morne Blignauts time in the 200 meters.

10.59 is super fast in Cape Town. The world cup in Cape town didnt even see that time by the fastest qualifier' date=' I think he only managed 10.68

Morne should be able to win B worlds hands down in the sprint and Kierin.
[/quote']

He might be able to win if he drops the ATTITUDE

I dont have any problem with "gentlemans agreements"  in bike racing. The season is long' date=' and lots of guys have different targets and peak at different times.

If an opportunity comes along which allows a Pro or Semi pro a chance to make a few bucks, in an event which is not important to him, while still keeping the racing exciting, who am I to object?

It would only bother me if I knew about it.

BTW this is my new strategy for watching Paris_Nice, the classics etc.

When they start talking about drugs, I switch off. Makes my life a lot more enjoyable.

Oh Yes, Santa Claus DOES exist, and the Tooth Fairy too, and all them little elves and leprechauns.....

Manto DOESNT have aids, Jackie Selebi is VERY honest, SA NEEDS nuclear submarines in case Zimbabwe attacks ( in rowing boats), BEE is still valid if the same 12 black people are repeatedly "enabled", to the detriment of the entire black population... etc etc

lalalala ( as Marius would say) Wink

[/quote']

So lets not train and just all hang around at the finsh line offering bribes. The one with the biggest wallet wins and yes...what a great lesson for the youngsters. If at first you don't succeed, bribe and bribe again......

First bribes then a few shots of "vitamins" then why not  a bit of somethin stronger.  What's the difference right?

Great logic from a guy who'se hero is supposedly  Paul Kimmage.

Then again if you need lessons in bribery don't go to Africa, come to the green isle. Selebi would be an amateur here! Wink 

They do it so well the guy getting shafted even says thank you.Big%20smile

gianni2007-03-16 06:45:54

thats absolute bs!the situation should be further investigated and the neccessary people should be banned from representing their country again.but then again this prob has been happening for a long time and will continue to happen not only here but all around the worldUnhappy

Well Cherry was there as well, why don't we ask here if she known?s anything about this, I still think it's a BS story. Or does it only happen to the male cyclists, seems like discrimination if it does?!?!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well Cherry was there as well' date=' why don't we ask here if she known?s anything about this, I still think it's a BS story. Or does it only happen to the male cyclists, seems like discrimination if it does?!?!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

"Silence of the lambs" springs to mind

just take into account that it was tri-nations i.e. almost like a "friendly" no fame or glory if you win a race. on Monday they go back to their other jobs again. for the o/seas elite riders, it was an all expenses paid training session (maybe the Kazaks came for the sun). The Junior Dutch team got some experience of o/seas conditions and hot weather. come B Worlds track will be something else. i cant wait for the 10 / 15 k scratch races and the Devil  

Lol @ Gianni.

A touch of reality is no harm at all. Maybe it would would serve all of us better than the current mood for self delusion.

ie "lets pretend everything is cool"

It isnt, Races are fixed. Drugs get consumed.

Maybe just rumours, team manager denies everything, says whole SA team pooled money and split in middle.

Remember Risi, Marvulli rode 6hrs in morning acc to Willemse snr.