New 94.7 sponsors

sias

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody moans and still everybody enters. Don't enter and lets see the organisers take note. But that will never happen. That precious "sub 3" is way more valuable then R265.

Everybody moans and still everybody enters. Don't enter and lets see the organisers take note. But that will never happen. That precious "sub 3" is way more valuable then R265.

Well said MamparaClapClapClap

R265.....EINA!!!!!  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/becca.gif

But like the man said:

There will always be:

corporates that will fill the entries for employees

Sponsored riders that has to perform to get publicity (Licensed cats)

Fun rider doing 2 races a year, Argus and 94.7.  That is his basic cost.

Sad because there is NO value for your $$$.  

Saw again over the weekend......races are soooooo overrated!!  Rather take that money and stick myself with new bling for the bike or go do a weekend away with the bike.   

Well lets see the numbers for the race. Weren't the 94.7 numbers declining over the last few years?

Well lets see the numbers for the race. Weren't the 94.7 numbers declining over the last few years?

A number of mass participation events have had a decline of entrants.

People should aim for a sub 2:30 with the distance shortened to 90km and some hills removed.

at this stage I'm not riding. Maybe ill change my mind later.

Thanks Danger Dassie. But their entry fees seem to be higher than normal. I just enter a whole lot of races where the fees were less than R200. Especially with the current economic sitaution we may get more declines.

Thanks Danger Dassie. But their entry fees seem to be higher than normal. I just enter a whole lot of races where the fees were less than R200. Especially with the current economic sitaution we may get more declines.

Andy

I will take those old Bontragers off your hands for R 275, then you're sorted for this one.

Argus this year was R 240. Anyone knows what the 94.7 entry fee's were last year?

We have to remember that the Argus and 94.7 are the race organisers "oes tyd" , because of number of entries. That is why they hike up the fees to this level, and 20 000 odd of us fall for it. Big%20smile

but did those races have total road closure? That is what the organisers will ask you. So they give a list of what your R265 gives you. Does that then mean that absolutely nothing gets sponsored? So there should be no bunting or banners of any sorts along the route.

Yeah true, unfortunately it's a fine balancing act and the logistics surrounding this or any other mass participation event will always have an effect on the entry costs.

I can't speak for the organisors but funds from race entrys only cover about 30% of the costs for most event organisers, sponsors etc are relied upon to make up the shortfall.

It is unfortunately made even more difficult by the current economical climate, I think we (as well as the charitys) are extremely fortunate that the organisers/joc have been able to secure a sponsor.

Last year's entry was R245 (Road) and R100 (MTB)

That makes it an 8.16% increase from last year to this year.

Still doesn't justify the high cost though, but I'll still probably end up doing my 8th one this year.

I have only done one 94.7, but looking at the R265 entry, put this in perspective:

1. What did your bike cost?

2. What have you spent on bike maintenance over the last month/year?

3. What do you spend on an evening out?

4. Ladies, what do you pay for a haircut?

For your money you get a phenomenal event that takes over the city for the day. You will have war stories to trade with your mates until the next one.

Let say it was R150 entry fee. Are we all so broke that the extra R115 really breaks us in light of the above?

I would rather have a first class event with all the marshals, medical support, road closure and public support than save a little and it be just cheap and nasty.

My 2c worth.

I have only done one 94.7' date=' but looking at the R265 entry, put this in perspective:

1. What did your bike cost? A crap load.....and I can go ride it EVERY DAY FREE OF CHARGE......94.7 you cannot....no continues value there.....
2. What have you spent on bike maintenance over the last month/year?  Not much.......R500 during the year?.....what does this have to do with a race entry fee being hi?....Just because I get ripped off by a bike shop, I have to get ripped of by organizers too?
3. What do you spend on an evening out?  Fish & Chips = R 70.  (And I get double points for taking care of dinner and get "first prize" EVERY TIME!  Tongue
4. Ladies, what do you pay for a haircut?  Two wrongs = 1 right?  Ouch

For your money you get a phenomenal event that takes over the city for the day. You will have war stories to trade with your mates until the next one.

Go ride it ANY day......LOTS of war stories......TongueLOL

Let say it was R150 entry fee. Are we all so broke that the extra R115 really breaks us in light of the above?

Saving of R115 = 2 x Fish & Chips = 2 Winning prizes........http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/hitit.gif

I would rather have a first class event with all the marshals, medical support, road closure and public support than save a little and it be just cheap and nasty.

Maybe.....but why can other races with less or NO sponsorships do it for less?  The ONLY difference being road closure.......

I would go ride any race in SA, irrespective of road closure or not.......so that is not the deciding factor for me.....

My 2c worth.

[/quote']

It's all about the money........$$$$.....

How to get YOUR money in THEIR pockets.  Very easy.

Hahaha, Trubie, you are not in luck this time!

Full road closure is nice and definitely necessary for a race such as the 94.7 but is it not possible to streamline the operation a bit more, which would result in less of an increase?