Top Tips from Bitter Experience

Thyolo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never let your family convince you that swimming in the 'berg over the long weekend 'will be fun', it is just cold, very cold

Never get rid of algae in Camelbak pipe by swinging it in vigorous circles indoors.

I've never needed to clean myne, ever. After use put in freezer, algae don't get a chance to grow. Next time you use it there is already a nice big Energy Ice block in the bladder to keep your top up energy drink nice n cool.

Being able to free wheel with your bicycle with your feet off the pedals and being able to cycle without having your hands on the handle bar is one thing.  Trying to do both tricks simultaneously is actually a health risk Ouch!

Learned that lesson when I was five and it kinda stuck in my mind!  Bicycles have a cunning ability to simple disappear from underneath you when you try to do that, leaving you airborne temporarily before hitting the tar in pretty fashionable style. 

I think from that day on I had to work harder at school Wink

Never look behind you when riding in the traffic. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedOuchLOL

Training can help you master the skill of looking behind and maintain a straight line. Get a friend to assist...

1. Ride in a straight line, preferably on the yellow line on a road with very little or no traffic, or at one of the race tracks - Kyalami, Wesbank, Killarney, etc.

2. Get your training partner/friend to ride close behind you (but not too close).

3. At your friends call, look behind you. He must tell you how much you drift left/right.

4. Repeat until such time that you can confidently look behind without drifting. It can be done.

So don't try this in traffic