Top Tips from Bitter Experience

Thyolo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the age old leason about clip-in pedals- first try one foot before locking in both- and finishing on the garage floor or the tar.

Dont forget 2 close yor brake release mechanism after changing yor wheel, could catch you unawares on a bend going down hill Thumbs%20Down

Well, the brains trust has worked overtime on this one and I think we should summarise some of the valuable lessons our collective suffering has raised.

Hubbers have great difficulty getting dressed and undressed and making drinks from powder;

Multi-tasking by Hubbers leads to pain - e.g. time telling/coffee drinking or riding/anything else;

We have hurt our nether regions by all manner of physical contact and by chemical substances and really ought to take more care of them;

Tightening things we've loosened on the bike is always important in our quest to avoid sudden injury.

Portable toilet etiquette is beyond us - live with it.

We have found 3,459 ways to crash and feel there's potential for more personal expression and creativity in this area.

So I reckon we're still a cool bunch and the picture that will stay with me longest is the guy swinging a wet, mouldy Camelbak around his head inside his house and what he'll say under questioning.

smiley32.gif

Thyolo2007-05-10 06:12:16

Never look behind you when riding in the traffic. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedOuchLOL

Training can help you master the skill of looking behind and maintain a straight line. Get a friend to assist...

1. Ride in a straight line' date=' preferably on the yellow line on a road with very little or no traffic, or at one of the race tracks - Kyalami, Wesbank, Killarney, etc.

2. Get your training partner/friend to ride close behind you (but not too close).

3. At your friends call, look behind you. He must tell you how much you drift left/right.

4. Repeat until such time that you can confidently look behind without drifting. It can be done.

So don't try this in traffic
[/quote']

I don't drift at all, that why i hit the car slap bang in the middle LOL lol, it stopped and i didn't, o wellEmbarrassed

When going aerodynamic, never lean too far forward, and NEVER use the front brake while in aero position...

When having a flaming sambucca' date=' blow out the flame before drinkingOuch[/quote']

But then what's the point??? Big%20smile

It is darkest before dawn

Nope, it's darkest with your eyes closed.

I know, this morning my daughter told me she couldn't see me until she opened her eyes...

When trying to sneak out of the house in the early morning to ride, walking down tiled stairs is not to be undertaken in the dark with cleats on, they have no grip. Holding your cell in one hand and helmet in the other make it virtually impossible to grab the railing without making a racket as you not so gracefully thunder to the groundOuch

Nope' date=' it's darkest with your eyes closed.
I know, this morning my daughter told me she couldn't see me until she opened her eyes...
[/quote']

lol... they do come up with the stangest and cutest things.

Nope' date=' it's darkest with your eyes closed.
[/quote']

Your daughter has been spending too much time watching old kung fu flicks and listening to those old monksLOL