Top Tips from Bitter Experience

Thyolo

Don't let a rookie take part in a technical mtb race for their first time.

Don't let a rookie slipstream behind you at the front of the bunch on a cold winter morning - the sound of about 10 bikes falling over said rookie isn't nice.... especially for the rookie! WinkEmbarrassedLOL
Chilli Pepper2007-05-09 04:11:59

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The maxim "More is better" doesn't hold for botty butter.

Just enough to cover the chamois is enough.

dont put on your cycling shorts/top before you have put on your heart rate monitor strap! MtbCpt2007-05-09 04:22:54

Do not run into a Wimpy with your cleats on especially if it rained!!Embarrassed

....something tells me there is a touch of experience in this....?????Big%20smileLOLLOLLOL

Stupid people should not use roofracks....

?Of course, you need to remember that I actually got out of the car, walked PAST the bike on top of the car, unlocked the garage door, walked past the bike a second time, and still drove into the goddamn wall. Some people are just beyond help.

If Darwin had his say, my species would be long dead by now.?

Budgie(mtbr.com)

Remember to remove lockout prior to going from tar to dirt, especially if you dont have remote.

Do not ride with your hands off the brakes when crossing bussy intersections.

And oh the best (of which I have personal experience)- do not try to get into a combi (which has stopped suddenly in the cycling lane in front of you) while riding at 35kph. You'll end up goning through the back window, get whiplash, feel dizzy with some scars to remember. And yes the expression on the passengers face- priceless!!!!

Before you put on long bibs, have a pee and tie a knot in it cos access thereafter is severely limited.

Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner are cartoons' date=' don't do what they do.

[/quote']

Is learning form Bugs Bunny ok?

Motorists becoming violent towards cyclists should watch out for the water bottle squirt through the window. So never drink all your juice, always have some for an emergency. Excelent weapon.

Stupid people should not use roofracks....

?Of course' date=' you need to remember that I actually got out of the car, walked PAST the bike on top of the car, unlocked the garage door, walked past the bike a second time, and still drove into the goddamn wall. Some people are just beyond help.

If Darwin had his say, my species would be long dead by now.?

Budgie(mtbr.com)

[/quote']

LOLBig%20smileClap   Absolute classic!

Of course - mental note to self: DO NOT buy a roof rack....

Never say in public that people who drive into the back of parked cars are poephols, you might join them less than 2 hours later.

Always be sure to tilt ones head when bending to retrieve a ping pong ball from just under the table

Always and I mean always, pack toilet paper into your camelbak before embarking on a long ride.