Top Tips from Bitter Experience

Thyolo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never get rid of algae in Camelbak pipe by swinging it in vigorous circles indoors.

Always buy campaq first-time then you dont have to change from ShimaNO later on!Wink

I vote for Kritzie as wisest and most informed hubber of the day!ClapWink

I second the motion! Send him a Record Ultra Torque Gruppo as his prize and send the bill to BigHBig%20smile

If you break your arm while mountain biking  the hospital will hose you down in the shower to clean/warm you up before they destroy every piece of clothing you are wearing by cutting them off.

This may* include, Bib shorts, one day old HH thermal vest, cycling top, and Gillet.

*Will

If you break your arm while mountain biking  the hospital will hose you down in the shower to clean/warm you up before they destroy every piece of clothing you are wearing by cutting them off.

This may* include' date=' Bib shorts, one day old HH thermal vest, cycling top, and Gillet.

*Will
[/quote']

Chris....how is the arm?

Were you just in too much pain to tell them to F_off and take them off yourself?

What is a HH thermal vest? Helly Hansen?

The arm progresses slowly but surely, thanks for asking. More x-rays and prodding by the good folk at Sport Science are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I was in so much pain that when they tried to take the clothes off I told them to F_Off and fetch the scissors.

Hely Hansen is indeed HH.

chrisH, you've just made me thankfull... with my 'shova accident the only thing they cut off me was my top. everything else was removed (somehow) and put inot a bag for me Big%20smile

my tip of the day is... when you go and buy a battery for your homemade light take a water bottle with you (already cut open) cos otherwise you might just buy wone that you can't carry on the bike with you Embarrassed (at least this situation has been rectified)

chrisH' date=' you've just made me thankfull... with my 'shova accident the only thing they cut off me was my top. everything else was removed (somehow) and put inot a bag for me Big%20smile

my tip of the day is... when you go and buy a battery for your homemade light take a water bottle with you (already cut open) cos otherwise you might just buy wone that you can't carry on the bike with you Embarrassed (at least this situation has been rectified)
[/quote']

Hi SP - great to see you on this thread.  I thought you'd have some tips but this one is straight out of left field.

smiley32.gif

Look where you want to go, point your bike where you want to go, believe you will get there. Once it's less than 2 m in front of you it's already history and you are on to the next problem. 

The arm progresses slowly but surely' date=' thanks for asking. More x-rays and prodding by the good folk at Sport Science are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I was in so much pain that when they tried to take the clothes off I told them to F_Off and fetch the scissors.

[/quote']

Ok....I understand. Have broken more than my fair share as well, luckily all 4 incidents were limited to the ends of my arms so no forced clothing removal!

Where do you get the HH stuff locally?

hehehe thyolo.

ok, a few more...

remember to check that your wheels are correctly attached to your bike before trying to hop on and go... mtbs don't go too well without the back wheel

never ever try to ride over a central traffic island in the dark in the rain in a rush... wet paint on wet curb can be slippery (Embarrassed)

if your heartrate monitor or cadence sensor stop working, check the battery (Embarrassed)

take everything you need for a long ride (140+km) when certain people say "it'll only be about 110-120km" (Evil%20Smile)

The arm progresses slowly but surely' date=' thanks for asking. More x-rays and prodding by the good folk at Sport Science are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

[/quote']

Ok....I understand. Have broken more than my fair share as well, luckily all 4 incidents were limited to the ends of my arms so no forced clothing removal!

Running shop in Dunkeld.  Great stuff.

I found it at Cape Storm in Canal Walk. It's good stuff, but they had limited stock as Cape Storm are apparently bringing out their own line shortly.

Look where you want to go' date=' point your bike where you want to go, believe you will get there. Once it's less than 2 m in front of you it's already history and you are on to the next problem. [/quote']

Well there's a bit of advice that arrived two weeks late for me. Cry