Giro Highlights commentary

pererace70

Cant say I like the new Giro theme song either - a bit like the Scottish national anthem - jf you listen to it too long you feel like slitting your wrists.

Really Dreary.!

Flower of Scotland makes me wan't to launch into battle and certainly not slit my wrists!!! You must be thinking of that anthem down south...the one about saving the lizard!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say I like the new Giro theme song either - a bit like the Scottish national anthem - jf you listen to it too long you feel like slitting your wrists.

Really Dreary.!

Flower of Scotland makes me wan't to launch into battle and certainly not slit my wrists!!! You must be thinking of that anthem down south...the one about saving the lizard!

Big%20smile

when & where do they show the highlights - flipped to RAI all day yesterday from 15:00 onwards and saw nothing aside from soccer?

Souns like some of you actually understood what Paddy Agnew was saying. I couldn't hear a damn word !

All he seemed to do was repeat the riders names over and over; "Petacchi now and it's Petachi, Petacchi and then Bettini, Bettini..."

But Perarace I couldn't agree with you more .... this new guy sounds like he's just stepped off a space ship from Mars and has never seen a bicycle before.

He's asks the dumbest questions like "how much time do you lose when you fall in a crash ?"

..."how much time do you lose when you fall in a crash ?"

LOL That was pretty funny.

Paul and Phil can put me to sleep any day! This guy would give me nightmares

They could have just showed the footage and let that poor dude just shut it. BOOO!!Angry

Best comment was on Saturday night during the team time trial " the rubber suits protect the rides should they fall, but their legs will still get scraped as they are not covered" smiley36.gif Clueless!!!

Oh no, I was hoping to get one of those rubber suits in the clours of F Mobile. Now you tell me I cant really get one.

Oh no.Wink

Congratulations on PetRachi taking the sprint today. Say no more...

The commentator missed the sprint crash in the last 500m and spent half the day talking about 'good spine position'

He also picked up that the team captain must cross the finish line first. Apparently.  I thought it was your sprinter, but what do I know?!

i wonder what has happend to Paddy Agnew. At least he new what a bike race was..ans yes - all is forgiven for andrew and owen with the current debacle.

looks like he has gone to soccer:

It is Italy's passion for the sport that is examined with great eloquence' date=' insight, style and wit in Forza Italia - A Journey In Search of Italy and Its Football, a new book by Irish journalist Paddy Agnew.

Agnew has lived in Rome for more than 20 years and is the Vatican correspondent for the Irish Times, one of the leading daily newspapers in Ireland. So, what does a self-described "Northern Prod" who covers the hallowed Vatican beat know about Italian soccer? Well, quite a bit actually.

On top of his duties for the Irish Times, Agnew has served as an English-language commentator on Serie A matches for state broadcaster RAI for the past 15 years and has covered Italian soccer for a slew of other news organizations.

Agnew has closely followed calcio, the Italian word for soccer, since moving to Rome in 1985 and has gained a reputation as one of the top experts on the Italian game.

maybe too many drugs in cycling for his liking
[/quote']

but he still sucks as a commentator....knowledge is nothing if you can't convey it in the proper manner.

Watched the highlights or is it the last bit of the stage on RAI at about 18:00. Liked the helicopter shot from above on the sprint for the line.

Clearly RAI is the channel to watch - 93 I think?  Will check it our, because the English commentary is painful.  Anyone know where you can get a schedule for RAI?  DSTV don't detail theirs, so it's a bit of a hit and miss affair...