New 2010 Pinarello Dogma

BlueMax

I have one guy who bought 3 dogmas with Super Record' date=' Bora 2 wheels and Shamal Ultras from me. One for each one of his houses. I guess there are some people in a league above when it comes to spending money and all they want is the ultimate bike. [/quote']

I know where there's one of these. It's for sale for R 70 000-00

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo it is great that somebody buys 3 expensive bikes. It is good to have people vit $$$ interested in cycling, good for the bike shops etc.

I do wonder why somebody without financial constraints would choose a Dogma above a custom handmade Parlee Z1 or a custom Serotta Meivici, though, if he wanted the ultimate bike. (I suspect both of these framesets costs more than the Dogma)

Why choose Borats (Wink) over Lightweights?

Perhaps this is where Pinarello have been the best - marketing themselves as the ultimate.

Perhaps this is where Pinarello have been the best - marketing themselves as the ultimate.

I think it might be as simple as the perception that most expensive = the best.

Anyone out there bought one of these new 2010 Carbon 60.1 DOGMAs - interested to know what the feedback is (positive and negative).

All i can say having never owned or ridden one....

Its for sure a richmans toy bike.

Very nice looking bikes, LBS has a pile of them standing in the shop next to other top brands (Specz, Cannonkookies, BMC, Price, Canyon ect...) and the Pinerello's take 1st prize for looks.

IMO no bike is worth that price, not even if it gives you a definite advantage performance wise over the other top brands.

I think we all know deep down that it's not about the bike....Wink

Kind of like comparing a Ferrari to a GTi, but at least we know the Ferrari is faster.

SwissVan2009-12-30 04:56:45

Summit Cycles...I love your signature!

Thanks' date=' "stole" it from Jim Morrison smiley1.gif [/quote']

Isn't that Bumblebee?

And to get back to the topic, I reckon the Dogma's a rip off...

Imo it is great that somebody buys 3 expensive bikes. It is good to have people vit $$$ interested in cycling' date=' good for the bike shops etc.

?

I do wonder why somebody without financial constraints would choose a Dogma above a custom handmade Parlee Z1 or a custom Serotta Meivici, though,?if he wanted the ultimate bike.?(I suspect both of these?framesets costs more than the Dogma)

Why choose Borats (Wink) over Lightweights?

?

[/quote']

I did not want to sound crazy but the same guy bought 2 pair of Obermeyers and a pair of Fulcrum Racing Light XLR, he read they were the best and had to try them.

As for the custom bikes they are not of the same standard as the production bikes unless you need custom fit. The technology invested in the Dogma surpasses the smaller custom builders.

Summit Cycles...I love your signature!

Thanks' date=' "stole" it from Jim Morrison smiley1.gif [/quote']Isn't that Bumblebee?And to get back to the topic, I reckon the Dogma's a rip off...

Hey roadie, he said my signature, not my avatar smiley2.gif

As for the custom bikes they are not of the same standard as the production bikes unless you need custom fit.

I have heard nothing except superlatives of Parlee & Serotta. I like the bike reviews written by Charles Manantan' date=' of Pezcyclingnews.com, because they use the same gruppo, wheels etc when testing bikes. Here are some:

Quality custom bikes are of a much higher standard than bikes that "pop out of moulds in the East" to quote Mamparra. Mass produced bikes don't look like this undernearth their paint:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/parlee/parleehand1.jpg

Parlee doesn't even add an outer clear resin coat over the outer layer of carbon on the Z1, because the high quality process ensures no voids, air holes, etc. 

The technology invested in the Dogma surpasses the smaller custom builders.

Based on tests by Tour magazine, the technology of the Dogma gives neither good stiffness to mass ratio, nor superlative comfort. It weighs more than a Cannondale CAAD9 aluminium frame, probably also more than the previous magnesium Dogma.

It may be the ultimate frame, just not as far as mass, stiffness & comfort, or a combination of these factors are concerned. It is the ultimate in the fields of cost per gram and marketing, perhaps.  

I'm probably wasting my time with this post - I guess you sell Pinarello, but not Parlee or Serotta, right?
Christie2009-12-30 12:54:12

As for the custom bikes they are not of the same standard as the production bikes unless you need custom fit.

I have heard nothing except superlatives of Parlee & Serotta. I like the bike reviews written by Charles Manantan' date=' of Pezcyclingnews.com, because they use the same gruppo, wheels etc when testing bikes. Here are some:

Quality custom bikes are of a much higher standard than bikes that "pop out of moulds in the East" to quote Mamparra. Mass produced bikes don't look like this undernearth their paint:

Parlee doesn't even add an outer clear resin coat over the outer layer of carbon on the Z1, because the high quality process ensures no voids, air holes, etc. 

The technology invested in the Dogma surpasses the smaller custom builders.

Based on tests by Tour magazine, the technology of the Dogma gives neither good stiffness to mass ratio, nor superlative comfort. It weighs more than a Cannondale CAAD9 aluminium frame, probably also more than the previous magnesium Dogma.

It may be the ultimate frame, just not as far as mass, stiffness & comfort, or a combination of these factors are concerned. It is the ultimate in the fields of cost per gram and marketing, perhaps.  

I'm probably wasting my time with this post - I guess you sell Pinarello, but not Parlee or Serotta, right?

I love the Tour magazine tests.  In fact their frame tests helped me pick mine as it got rave reviews from them after tests that don't just contain fluffy marketing terms like 'feel' and 'stiffnes', but puts actual figures against them.

What is clear from the tests are that some of the Italian frames are not too light, not too stiff (frame and/or fork) and therefore not worth the premium.  Frames from marks like Scott, Storck, Cervelo and Canyon get great technical scores and usually come in much cheaper.

Custom frames are a whole diferent ballgame.  The thought of something unique and personal appeals a lot and probably ages better.  Just ask the guys who recently bought Princes!