Pics & Vids that make you want to ride...

Iwan Kemp

Myself, Raydek & TaahirWP at Jonkers a couple of weeks back. Beware, it's slow. I was absolutely toasted by this point. 

Who be the dude in the vest?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one, not as dusty when I was last on the bike. But why were you so slow :ph34r:

LOL. Cos that was the 2nd time down. By that stage we'd done 600m climbing or so in a space of ~15km. Which, for my fitness level, is a lot!

No speed in the corners (working on that) and just no pluk to pedal.  

Oh - and the dust - this was following the first proper rains of winter / autumn. If this is how the trails are gonna be after the rain, I WANT MORE!!!

Edited by Myles Mayhew

In the orange vest? He wasn't with us, but I think he was a tourist with his Mrs. Either Aussie or Kiwi. 

Black vest with QuickStep shorts circling you in the start of first video.

what you got against vests?

sure you wore them in the force... :ph34r:

Nothing against them.....just waiting for a thread on how much skin was left on Jonkers trail :oops:  :wacko:  :lol:

Myself, Raydek & TaahirWP at Jonkers a couple of weeks back. Beware, it's slow. I was absolutely toasted by this point. 

It has been a few years since I have been to Jonkers .... time to visit again!

There were a couple of rocks / jumps / kickers that you missed there :P ..from the clip it looks like if one rides the trail blind you can just hit the jumps as there look to be no unfortunate surprises install for the unsuspecting rider....or does the good old "look before you leap" adage still apply?

It has been a few years since I have been to Jonkers .... time to visit again!

There were a couple of rocks / jumps / kickers that you missed there :P ..from the clip it looks like if one rides the trail blind you can just hit the jumps as there look to be no unfortunate surprises install for the unsuspecting rider....or does the good old "look before you leap" adage still apply?

Yeah, was exhausted and tbh after my stupid crash at Hoogies I've been battling to get my confidence back on the smallest things. Enduro helped with that HUGELY over the weekend.

As for the trail - no surprises. Can be ridden blind at some pretty good pace without any nasty surprises. Black trail I'd say scope before you pin it.