#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

I say lets do a "no start" protest at the next BIG race. Asking them to just make number collection possible on the morning of the race at least.

For racing groups they can even only have number collection and sign in on the morning of a race, opens an hour before and closes 15min before each racing groups start. Then the CSA official does not have to waste their own time on 2 days prior to a race.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a year later. We now have Sumsung S4's, Ipone 5s, 4G, 3D printers, we have landed a guy on the moon. blah blah blah

And yet we still cannot print our own race numbers.

I have to drive to Johannesburg. Fork out toll fees. And collect a piece of paper that I can print at home.

Seriously? Nobody have a better idea? Still after our money that we spend at bike shops when we collect the race number?

Ag no man.

MTB is going the right way Spidey, all the Advendurance hosted races - permanent no (SASEEDING) and for the Nissan Series free Registration Pack delivery to your home - Free, I think thats forward thinking.

Now the road race organisers need to get on the bandwagon.

I think we need to hang this on the big clock. Lets send the link to this thread to Carte Blanche as well as Supercycling and see if they, especially Supercycling are brave enough to have this issue discussed on the program. I will forward this to Supercycling and to Carte Blanche.

Guest DieBees

I dont see anyone doing anything about it. It is dictated onto us. But hey, maybe it gets aired.

I also always have to arrange a day extra or ask someone to help! Hating it.

So ANY race organisers out there that has thought of a better idea of printing race numbers?

Thus far everyone wants me to ride through 2 days prior to the race to pick up a piece of paper.......

I have now made a FIRM point of NEVER buying anything from any shop that "hosts" this race number pickup things

Any organisers that are willing to "team up" and give ONE race number to an entrant to compete in say 4 different events?

Gauteng wise.......I would buy a "package deal" where I get one number for all these events:

Fast one

Serengeti

Ride for Sight

Carnival City

Berge and Dale

And yet nothing.....

Us Capetonians don't appreciate how good we are having it with PPA running things (despite their flaws)

One day Gauteng might just wake up and get with the times....

Asking them to just make number collection possible on the morning of the race at least.

+1

Don't understand why they can't do this!

He, he,

Spidey, please keep this fred alive, by posting once per year. In 20 years time, it will be the longest running one on the HUB. Even Ladies with Bicycles fred would have died a titillating death by then....

He, he,

Even Ladies with Bicycles fred would have died a titillating death by then....

Take it back!  Say it won't happen!! 

:thumbdown:  :wacko:  :wacko: :angry:  

:D

It just makes me tilt every time I see I have to go collect a race number in Jhb......wtf do I want to go to Jhb for??  Come on?

If Computicket can do printing at the branch, surely Cycleevents can do the same?!?!?!  Print at LBS?  Why not?

Hell....make me print it at home and scan me via my chip in at the start line.

It just makes me tilt every time I see I have to go collect a race number in Jhb......wtf do I want to go to Jhb for??  Come on?

If Computicket can do printing at the branch, surely Cycleevents can do the same?!?!?!  Print at LBS?  Why not?

Hell....make me print it at home and scan me via my chip in at the start line.

See we need to go and register at the Central Gauteng offices for the Gauteng Champs :-(

See we need to go and register at the Central Gauteng offices for the Gauteng Champs :-(

Jip.

Fast One in Jhb.

Same with every other race I want to do.......

I wonder how many money the organisers loose by forcing riders to pick up their numbers instead of printing it themselves? 

O yes....now I remember.....organisers doesn't make any money....so it just gets written off as another cost.....

Spinnekop - why not put up a poster at your LBS asking for people to share in the cost of sending one person per race to JHB to collect numbers for everyone in your 'hood?  Easy to share cost if there are 10 or 15 people.

Response I got from Cycling SA - Thanks for getting back to us Greg

I have forwarded you mail to our GM Mr Mike Bradley for comment (mike@cyclingsa.com) he is in constant contact with Race organisers and better placed to take up the concerns with them.

Regards,

Greg

Gregory van Heerden

Secretary General Cycling South Africa

Our GM has indicated that he is looking into a Cycling SA ranking system that could potentially provide permanent numbers for road racing, but in the interim will bring the matter to the attention of those event organisers which sanction with us.

Regards,

Greg

Gregory van Heerden

Secretary General Cycling South Africa

I think we need to hang this on the big clock. Lets send the link to this thread to Carte Blanche as well as Supercycling and see if they, especially Supercycling are brave enough to have this issue discussed on the program. I will forward this to Supercycling and to Carte Blanche.

Doubt supercycling will help. Who is the face of supercycling? Where do we have to go to register? Do some of us buy stuff while we there? I'm pretty sure they benefit from it financially.

Spinnekop - why not put up a poster at your LBS asking for people to share in the cost of sending one person per race to JHB to collect numbers for everyone in your 'hood?  Easy to share cost if there are 10 or 15 people.

You get 15 different people.......6 are licensed, 3 does not have their licenses yet, 3 funriders and 3 still wants to enter....

Won't work as it becomes a battle to the guy that has to pick the numbers up.

Just make me print my own number?  Why is this foreign?????

Archived