Time to make Think Bike work for you

HeadMarshal

I fully support the work that think bike is doing to raise awareness for those on 2 wheels smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif . Come on guys they marshal our events on there own cost and time. Work with them and support the drive for safer riding they have done ALL the ground work and cyclists just have to continue.

Cyclist help spread the word of safer riding and raise awareness to other road users to us motor cyclists and cyclist (yep I ride both)

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As for the bumper stickers I saw them at some cycling shops as well as motorbike shops as well as traffic license centers.

Ratty: If you need some PM me I have 2 that I'm not using. I had a custom ?think bike? sticker made for my cars back window.

HeadMarshal: Maybe you can get some stickers to the Argus Expo.  For next year see if you can get them or a leaflet included in the race pack that way the message can be spread to the not so regular cyclist as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully support the work that think bike is doing to raise awareness for those on 2 wheels smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif . Come on guys they marshal our events on there own cost and time. Work with them and support the drive for safer riding they have done ALL the ground work and cyclists just have to continue.

Cyclist help spread the word of safer riding and raise awareness to other road users to us motor cyclists and cyclist (yep I ride both)

As for the bumper stickers I saw them at some cycling shops as well as motorbike shops as well as traffic license centers.

Ratty: If you need some PM me I have 2 that I'm not using. I had a custom ?think bike? sticker made for my cars back window.

HeadMarshal: Maybe you can get some stickers to the Argus Expo.  For next year see if you can get them or a leaflet included in the race pack that way the message can be spread to the not so regular cyclist as well.

Thank you so much, actions speak so much louder than words.

try this please

go here http://www.thinkbike.co.za/docs/Brand/ZFold/2009%2009%20-%20ZFolds%20D8%20Curves%20%28Small%29.pdf

Can't be too much work to make this more cycling format. This is what I talk about, you have the resources. Propose changes we can make to this leaflet. Send us stuff. You can then print this from your printer and give to ten other people. Can you just imagine if every "hubber" did this. We can, we did it. 

HeadMarshall' date=' the impression I get is that it is more aimed at motorbikes and cycle events use them as marshalls. Maybe more of a joint effort might be good to create more of a cyclist and motorcyclist combination. That could only be beneficial. What about contacting Supercycling to get on the show to promote Think Bike?[/quote']

For more than 2 years now we have been inviting the cycling community to engage with us. The resistance comes from you, not the other way around. It goes so much further than cycle Marshaling, we have to stop the us and them attitude and work together.

You guys have huge resources and as I mentioned the work has already been done

Go here http://www.thinkbike.co.za/

tell me what you see on the top of the page, then tell me why there is so little cycle content.

I agree, we do need to remove the "us and them" attitude. As far as I have seen on the hub most rantings have been about cyclists and motorists as opposed to cyclists and motorcyclists. If I remember correctly recently there was a thread about motorcyclists ranting about cyclists on a motorcycle forum. So I think it is from both sides. A start would be to get in touch with Supercycling to raise awareness and possible get some channels open for cycling clubs to start working with Think Bike. I am with Cycle Lab Club in Fourways and Think Bike does great work on our club rides, which we appreciate very much. That also hopefully raises some awareness for Think Bike when the motorists and public sees this.

Thank you so much' date=' actions speak so much louder than words.

try this please

go here http://www.thinkbike.co.za/docs/Brand/ZFold/2009%2009%20-%20ZFolds%20D8%20Curves%20%28Small%29.pdf

Can't be too much work to make this more cycling format. This is what I talk about, you have the resources. Propose changes we can make to this leaflet. Send us stuff. You can then print this from your printer and give to ten other people. Can you just imagine if every "hubber" did this. We can, we did it. 
[/quote']

Thanks

Will have a look at it and print some for the next cycling event (after the argus) and hand them out or post a few on the cars.

Will also get some stickers to hand out.

HeadMarshall' date=' the impression I get is that it is more aimed at motorbikes and cycle events use them as marshalls. Maybe more of a joint effort might be good to create more of a cyclist and motorcyclist combination. That could only be beneficial. What about contacting Supercycling to get on the show to promote Think Bike?[/quote']

For more than 2 years now we have been inviting the cycling community to engage with us. The resistance comes from you, not the other way around. It goes so much further than cycle Marshaling, we have to stop the us and them attitude and work together.

You guys have huge resources and as I mentioned the work has already been done

Go here http://www.thinkbike.co.za/

tell me what you see on the top of the page, then tell me why there is so little cycle content.

I agree, we do need to remove the "us and them" attitude. As far as I have seen on the hub most rantings have been about cyclists and motorists as opposed to cyclists and motorcyclists. If I remember correctly recently there was a thread about motorcyclists ranting about cyclists on a motorcycle forum. So I think it is from both sides. A start would be to get in touch with Supercycling to raise awareness and possible get some channels open for cycling clubs to start working with Think Bike. I am with Cycle Lab Club in Fourways and Think Bike does great work on our club rides, which we appreciate very much. That also hopefully raises some awareness for Think Bike when the motorists and public sees this.

Oi Andy, why haven't you come to greet as yet!!!!????

Headmarshal. I agree it is time to stop the "us and them" mind set and that the two start working together. But as a cyclist there is one point that urks the s*#t out of me is that whether we ride two abreast (two cyclists riding in close proximity to one another) not with a half a meter between them or single file, certain of the Think Bike members still feel they have the right to come as close as possible to the cyclists and gesture that we get off the road, and this at speeds well in excess of the permissable speed limit. Needless to say that while doing this they are also using almost the entire road at times to negotiate some of the corners. Not the attitude one would expect from those who are trying to promote safety on the roads for those on two wheels as much as the attitude of those (cyclists) who take up the entire road when riding. Agreed that one cannot police every body but maybe by working together we can find a solution to sorting out our differences and a way to make the roads safer for all of us to use out there.

I do have a sticker on my vehicle.

we can all work together!!!

make, 'think jogger' stickers and we can hand it out to them when they are up the wrong side of the road and expecting us to swerve for them...  Brilliant!

The individual cases mentioned cause us all to pull a blanket over everyone, be it two abreast or weaving in traffic...  I ride a bike and take 100% responsibility for my own actions - im still alive.

Great work guys!  I am in!

Change it to THINK CAR.

Cars don't and never will look out or be aware of bikers, we need to be on our game and be aware of what they are doing.

Ewep, I haven't been able to do the club rides this year so far. February was a hectic month with exams. But the times I do ride I always raise my hand in thanks. You guys do a great job making our club rides safer! Especially at Witkoppen and Cedar! Which intersection are you normally at?

Change it to THINK CAR.

Cars don't and never will look out or be aware of bikers' date=' we need to be on our game and be aware of what they are doing.
[/quote']

Got to disagree, we have had an impact on the road using community, just not enough. We need more FROM YOU.

Ewep' date=' I haven't been able to do the club rides this year so far. February was a hectic month with exams. But the times I do ride I always raise my hand in thanks. You guys do a great job making our club rides safer! Especially at Witkoppen and Cedar! Which intersection are you normally at?[/quote']

Cedar and the first Stop at Lanseria (if possible). Come say howzit next time!

Guys - in the W Cape area you can pick up the stickers from the PPA head office in Rondebosch. They have (had) stacks of them.

Headmarshall - keep up the good work!

I just look at the guys trying to pass me in the yellow lane on my morning drive into work (I pull in about a metre into the yellow and block them - and if they hoot just carry on going regardless) and wonder where the h3ll they heard that you can drive in the emergency lane!?

i support the cause' date=' but i wont put the sticker on my car cause its flippen ugly.. no offense :)

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL Yip you are right but years ago there were discussions within TB regarding this and guess what? They are so ugly that they are noticedTongue and that is the whole idea behind them.

You should have seen our very first t-shirts. After mine was worn out I put it in the bin and they returned it with a warning for me not to do it againEmbarrassed

LOLLOL

hows about some of 'us' (me) artistic people put up some "illegal" street art to support this...Ermm

seems like people are always taking notice to BIG, impressive works....he he

could work?LOL

anything to keep more hectick crashes from happening

i support the cause' date=' but i wont put the sticker on my car cause its flippen ugly.. no offense :)

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL Yip you are right but years ago there were discussions within TB regarding this and guess what? They are so ugly that they are noticedTongue and that is the whole idea behind them.

You should have seen our very first t-shirts. After mine was worn out I put it in the bin and they returned it with a warning for me not to do it againEmbarrassed

LOLLOL

hahahahaha nice... make a slightly better looking sticker thats still visable and i will put it on my car... maybe a clear sticker so the car colour shines thru, but BRIGHT yellow (neon) text