Lance = ?????

Gobbo

ok, uit die perd se bek.

Hy daag op vir aanete, eet net voorgereg en loop.

Dan skud hy nie blad, of mense mag nie aan hom raak omdat hulle voorsorg tref dat hy nie siek word a.g.v van 'n kiem.

Ja, dit is so, Hy het julle (wat betaal het), vir 'n ride gevat.

letterlik en figuurlik !

Ek dink hy het vroeg geloop want hy en colonel het gaan jol.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost of table at charity fund raiser with Lance Armstrong : R15 000<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Receiving a massive serving of the real bad-ass world by having your ideas about your hero shattered: Priceless

i tried to get my pic with Tiger when he was at the million dollar years back... i got pushed away!!! but its not his fault' date=' he cant stop and satisfiy every fan... its impossible.....

And about "passport control" these guys go through airports just about every week of there life,,, they should get streamlined through.. i think they even get a special passport??
[/quote']

well...Tiger certainly tried and got very close to succeeding WinkWinkWink

{door open - grab coat & leave}

From Lance's Twitter: Just visited some cancer survivors here at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town. #thanksfortheinspiration

Prick?

My buddie Nasser who is fighting cancer just had a one on one interview with Lance Armstrong in Groote Schuur hospital. A cyclist himself, he was very impressed with the sportsman he even challenged him to a race...LOL. lance enjoyed the chat so much that he didn't want to leave. You can view a clip on you tube.

From Lance's Twitter: Just visited some cancer survivors here at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town. #thanksfortheinspiration

Prick?

Carefull Captain, only noddy fan is allowed to use that word

You call Lance a prick. Have you got any idea what that man had done for cycling' date=' sport in general, and in particular something which is very close to me, Cancer.?You may not approve of his attitude but the man is a hero.?

He has a very full schedule he simply cannot take 30 seconds for a photo with everyone at these events, get real dude, get a life. Why dont you pop onto the livestrong site and buy something for the 16 year old, that way everyone wins, you, the teenager and the fight against Cancer
[/quote']

smiley20.gifsmiley20.gifsmiley20.gifsmiley20.gifsmiley20.gif

Lets not make a Lance a god just because he survived cancer, but lets also not take away what he has done either for helping the world focus more on the plight of cancer and its survivors

He is a role model and hope to many, but he is not the only one to survive.

Someone close to me survived cancer 11yrs ago and she is hard working businesswoman, a loving spouse and an awesome mother. She went through hell and back.

But sadly, another very dear friend of mine lost her fight 5yrs back. She too went through hell and had barely entered adulthood before the cancer got her.

I'm not here to take away what Lance has achieved, but if he wants the lime light he needs to play fare.

(And the reason why I know he is a prick, is when I see that sour-face pic of him at TDF ... what a sore looser)

(And the reason why I know he is a prick' date=' is when I see that sour-face pic of him at TDF ... what a sore looser)

[/quote']

Sore losers are simply people that's not used to loosing.

Nothing wrong with that!

Lance is an icon.

Flawed.

Inspirational.

He bleeds red like all of us. Mere mortal.

Cycling star.

Again, welcome to South Africa, LA!

smiley32.gif

You either like him or you dont.

Im not sure lately. Seems to me somewhere the message has got lost in all the money and fame.  Not sure if we just get to much of one thing that after a while it becomes flat.

I like people who are flawed. Oh wait...thats all of us to some degree or another.

I understand the reasoning behind the whole issue, yes its crazy that 1 person can attract so much attention. But at the end of the day, he's earned it. You have to love his dedication to the sport and in particular the Tour. I know you've all read the book, and know what he means when he uses cycling as a metaphor for life...he's lived it his way and is well deserving of the benefits that come with it.

No other cyclist in the world has raised the sport to the international platform that it now enjoys.

And that benefits us all in my opinion.

(Something dawned on me earlier today...I spent almost every day of December riding with Darryl Impey for free. He'd even greet me, chat to me about crap, and we'd sprint each other for the top of the hills. All for free! But Darryl gets paid by Lance to ride with him...there's a bit of justice in there somewhere I think!!)

Some people are so sick. This heading make me want to vomit.

Ag shame man, get a grip on yourself.. You cant always have things your way only, and if it does not happen, then you cry like a baby!!

Lance is the greatest cyclist ever and will always be. Viva Lance!!!!!!!

Some people are so sick. This heading make me want to vomit. Ag shame man' date=' get a grip on yourself.. You cant always have things your way only, and if it does not happen, then you cry like a baby!!Lance is the greatest cyclist ever and will always be. Viva Lance!!!!!!!

[/quote']

Greatest Cyclist Ever...please! Open your 'Lance Only' eyes,

there's a whole world out there, you are a typical Lance Die Hard. Cycling does not begin and end with Lance!

How many times has he won the Giro, Vuelta, World Champs, Olympics. Now that I think about it, in his post Cancer years how many times has he even ridden a full season?

How many TdF races have you won 101SCC?

He is doing more for cycling and charity than what you can ever dream of doing and that is a fact. Don't get personal.

Whatever floats your boat, NO Tour wins, please don't judge what I do cause you have never met me? I do more than most to distribute income, skills development and job creation in a country that is infested with poverty. So if Lance is your hero that's great for you...don't make sweeping statements like 'BEST CYCLIST EVER' he is NOT. I never said I was a better cyclist than him, so tours are irrelevant! On that how many broken relationships does he have? I'm happily married, does that make me a more successful MAN than him?