Lance = ?????

Gobbo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As with most Lance related postings I think the like/hate of the man dicates whether the post is negative or positive.

Lances greatest skill is his ability to polarise people - 7 tour victories pale in comparison...

Guest coenie

Did Lance say no, or one of his PR people...why do people have an oppinion when they do not have the correct = direct facts?

i agrree indigo kid.... and muddee....

We should just be gratefull he is here marketing our country

As with most Lance related postings I think the like/hate of the man dicates whether the post is negative or positive.

?

Lances greatest skill is his ability to polarise people - 7 tour victories pale in comparison...

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

And I would love to see a thread on me when I don't want my picture taken smiley36.gif the higher the celeb status, the more reason people will find to criticize.

The kid and his dad  paid for the dinner ,

so whats the big deal of letting a kid

have his photo taken with his hero ?

I doubt he will sell it , not that type of kid.

Well you all have valid points , this whole

incident , im shure there are many more

leaves me feeling rather angry

Guest coenie

i agrree indigo kid.... and muddee....

We should just be gratefull he is here marketing our country

+1

The kid and his dad  paid for the dinner ' date='

[/quote']

Dude, I hear you. I agree, it should be possible to have even a brief chance to share that moment with your hero.

But, we all knew there was going to be a security/media/celebrity entourage that accompanied Armstrong. And like someone else said, if he agreed to 1 photo with one person, he would have to have it with everyone else as well.

yes, they paid for their dinner with Lance...but I'm pretty sure there was some fine print stipulating what was expected and not allowed.

I hear Gobb's point, and it remains his opinion. But like I said, there are 2 sides to this story...and LA is just part of a huge media machine when he is here.

The kid and his dad  paid for the dinner ' date='

[/quote']

So you feel rather angry that your buddy's son didn't get his photo with Lancey?

Dude - let it go - there is so much anger in the world that if you choose to feel rather angry on other people's behalf you will stay angry for all eternity.

Lance may or may not be a prick - ultimately does it matter? Hell no.

Lance didnt have a problem when I took that photo yesterday!  He even said howzit and I was not even part of the group!

I wish you would all stop bitching and moaning, rather start a thread and tell us what you have done for charity up to this point in the year!

He is out there doing more good than all you moaners combined!!! Angry

I agree Lance = Prick. 

I see Lance as a money grabber.  It is not about cycling anymore.  Tried of reading the same Livestrong campains (same stories, different words) and boring books that he keeps on publishing.  He is/was (your decision) a great rider.  He was my role model, but now I see him as a chop! 

This is my opinion and my freedom of speech. 

IMO having Lance here is a good thing.

A few more Americans will now know where SA is and there is even more focus on SA.

Hopefully he comes back again maybe by then I'll find a sponsor for a ride with LA.

I agree Lance = Prick. 

I see Lance as a money grabber.  It is not about cycling anymore.  Tried of reading the same Livestrong campains (same stories' date=' different words) and boring books that he keeps on publishing.  He is/was (your decision) a great rider.  He was my role model, but now I see him as a chop! 

This is my opinion and my freedom of speech. 
[/quote']

And I think you should ask your owner to remove the blinkers!

We all work for a living i.e. to grab money so we can live the lifestyle we want.

Armstrong is training to win the TDF, for whatever reason be it publicity for LAF, himself, for money, whatever...YOU dont do that if you dont love seriously enjoy cycling and sport.

Is Lance here at No Charge? Not sure?

Saw he wanted to meet Madiba, Simple really...deposit $250,000 into the Mandela Childrens Fund...you know the rest!

Money makes the WHOLE world go around.

Lance didnt have a problem when I took that photo yesterday!? He even said howzit and I was not even part of the group!I wish you would all stop bitching and moaning' date=' rather start a thread and tell us what you have done for charity up to this point in the year! He is out there doing more good than all you moaners combined!!! Angry

[/quote']

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif