?

?

?

?

?
[/quote']

Now LOLLOL?at maxumis LOL

smiley36.gif

I wanted to make a comment about engineers that use words like "nein" or "das"... It would have fitted perfectly with that demo video! but decided against it because it has been said that those guys attend lessons on how to laugh...

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif But it will be VERY entertaining to shoot past a bunch of elites all sounding like cheap little RC toys! smiley36.gif

However... I still am convinced the technology does exist to silently deliver some extra power to pedals.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez I have to say getting caught for this would suck a lot more than getting caught for doping the proper way..

my word I hope this is falce It would totally suck. But Its totally possible to pull, the guys put weights in their downtubes to make bikes weigh up to the weight limits, these batteries and Motor could easily be mistaken for weights by the Reveree dudes..

The only thing that makes me think is the effortlesness he rode away from  Boonen in the flanders, Boonen is no slouch and has beaten Cancerella in the passed but you could see he was muscelling to get up there, cancerella just tiptoed away from him without even showing effort.

Darn, He could be that strong.. but sheesh..

What a beast.

This quoted from the Gruber device site.

" the Gruber Assist can be retrofitted to practically any bicycle provided it has a seat tube with an inner diameter of "31.6mm.

Am I still missing something here ?

" the Gruber Assist can be retrofitted to practically any bicycle provided it has a seat tube with an inner diameter of "31.6mm.

The Grubber Assist is an example of such a system, not necessarily the system in question.

Just because a Lithium Ion 18650 battery is 18.3mm in diameter doesn't mean you can't have a cell custom made to produce 3.7V from 15mm... or heaven forbid use 3 x AA NiMh batteries.

The gruber assist is the only one that we know about.

If it could be built for 31.6mm, it could be built for anything.

Making the conspiracy even deeper. Batteries could even be stored in the frame where it runs from the crank to headtube. Throw in some nice light batteries in the construction of the frame, no one will ever know about it.

Ag!!!! What next. Jealousy makes them nasty. Fabian is still the MANThumbs%20Up

The 'Spartan' of TT.

If it could be built for 31.6mm' date=' it could be built for anything.

Making the conspiracy even deeper. Batteries could even be stored in the frame where it runs from the crank to headtube. Throw in some nice light batteries in the construction of the frame, no one will ever know about it.

[/quote']

smiley3.gif Maybe... the frame IS the battery!

when constructing the frame they added a couple of Li-Ion wraps to the carbon!!!

Genius!

smiley15.gif

[/quote']

Precisely my dear Woofie.

The Grubber Assist is an example of such a system' date=' not necessarily the system in question.

Just because a Lithium Ion 18650 battery is 18.3mm in diameter doesn't mean you can't have a cell custom made to produce 3.7V from 15mm... or heaven forbid use 3 x AA NiMh batteries.

[/quote']

If there are more devices then please post the links.

It would be interesting to see.

Here is the Gruber link.

http://www.gruberassist.com/english/product/product-description/

200 watts at 45 minutes.

Plausible if the device could be retrofitted to the 27.2 mm seat tube, maybe.

According to Gruber you also have to use the Truvativ seat post.

Questions to be asked, how was it installed ?

Are his competitors around him that thick that they would not suspect anything ?

Why Cancellara and why these two races ?

Is it a Swiss/ German connection (hardly)

If it added 200 watts to Cancellara's already high output then his cadence should have picked up hugely, watching the video he simply powers away with ease.

The italian in the video makes it quite clear that BUTTONS were pressed, I don't see buttons on that bike.

My last thought, with the limited battery life, how the hell did he manage to maintain his speed virtually all the way to the finish.

This is starting to sound like the contaminated bottle theory to me, just this time the boot is on the accusers foot.

[/quote']

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

and Armstrong is really a cyborg smiley3.gif

[/quote']

smiley3.gif Maybe... the frame IS the battery!
when constructing the frame they added a couple of Li-Ion wraps to the carbon!!!

Genius!
smiley15.gif

Even better, the frame is a solar panel Big%20smile

My opinion is that Sparty would not resort to something this crafty to win but what the hell do I know - I only see him on TV a few times a year and maybe an interview or two...

I am enjoying the thrill of feasibility though.

Can the motor provide the extra 200w? Yes.

Would an extra 200w for 45-60 mins make a difference to Sparty's performance? Hell yes! Thats like a 30% improvement - enough to smoke the competition like he did at PR.

Is it possible to fit it all in the downtube? Absolutely! Spesh made a 100,000 euro one off mould for Boonen last year so why not a custom one off motor/battery combination?

Is it possible to make remotr controls? I think so.

So theoretically I think it is possible to make the system but practically so many people need to be in on the project that stopping a leak would ne near impossible.

So I'm gonna go with "it is possible but he didn't do it governer..."

No... We don't have the technology yet...

I agree.

I think a cyborg would have been able to have won the argus......

My opinion is that Sparty would not resort to something this crafty to win but what the hell do I know - I only see him on TV a few times a year and maybe an interview or two...

I am enjoying the thrill of feasibility though.

Can the motor provide the extra 200w? Yes.

Would an extra 200w for 45-60 mins make a difference to Sparty's performance? Hell yes! Thats like a 30% improvement - enough to smoke the competition like he did at PR.

Is it possible to fit it all in the downtube? Absolutely! Spesh made a 100' date='000 euro one off mould for Boonen last year so why not a custom one off motor/battery combination?

Is it possible to make remotr controls? I think so.

So theoretically I think it is possible to make the system but practically so many people need to be in on the project that stopping a leak would ne near impossible.

So I'm gonna go with "it is possible but he didn't do it governer..."
[/quote']

I agree with all the above, it would also be very difficult to explain the extra weight at bike weigh in even if you could hide it all in the frame. I don't think you could shave nearly 2kg's off the original bike weight to compensate.

I agree.

I think a cyborg would have been able to have won the argus......

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Quite a good jab, but not as funny as Lange walking puffy chested as a result of "his win"

This quoted from the Gruber device site. " the Gruber Assist can be retrofitted to practically any bicycle provided it has a seat tube with an inner diameter of "31.6mm. Am I still missing something here ?
The gruber assist is the only one that we know about. If it could be built for 31.6mm' date=' it could be built for anything. Making the conspiracy even deeper. Batteries could even be stored in the frame where it runs from the crank to headtube. Throw in some nice light batteries in the construction of the frame, no one will ever know about it. [/quote'] smiley3.gif Maybe... the frame IS the battery! when constructing the frame they added a couple of Li-Ion wraps to the carbon!!! Genius! smiley15.gif

?

Even better, the frame is a solar panel Big%20smile

?

?

Haha!

This is so funny.

We all seem to like the "science fiction" side of things!

But back to reality. Solar panels embedded in the carbon maybe could give you a extra 20 watts.

Solar technology has really made some big gains in the last few years.

So, not a bad idea actually.

How small do you think that they could build a motor to give something small like 20 watts or something?

Small enough to fit into the BB itself maybe?

It could then go totally undetected.

20watts over the duration of a pro tour could make a major difference on the last day.