Is Cancellara a motorbike?

hippo

This quoted from the Gruber device site. " the Gruber Assist can be retrofitted to practically any bicycle provided it has a seat tube with an inner diameter of "31.6mm. Am I still missing something here ?
The gruber assist is the only one that we know about. If it could be built for 31.6mm' date=' it could be built for anything. Making the conspiracy even deeper. Batteries could even be stored in the frame where it runs from the crank to headtube. Throw in some nice light batteries in the construction of the frame, no one will ever know about it. [/quote'] smiley3.gif Maybe... the frame IS the battery! when constructing the frame they added a couple of Li-Ion wraps to the carbon!!! Genius! smiley15.gif

?

Even better, the frame is a solar panel Big%20smile

?

?

Haha!

This is so funny.

We all seem to like the "science fiction" side of things!

But back to reality. Solar panels embedded in the carbon maybe could give you a extra 20 watts.

Solar technology has really made some big gains in the last few years.

So, not a bad idea actually.

How small do you think that they could build a motor to give something small like 20 watts or something?

Small enough to fit into the BB itself maybe?

It could then go totally undetected.

20watts over the duration of a pro tour could make a major difference on the last day.

Well I suppose the motor could BE the BB...

And by weaving a solar panel into the back of his shirt you could effectively double the "solar panel area". That's why he didn't stand up, because the shirt panel connects to the bike through his shorts and saddle...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that Mr Cancellara and his support team are the best at what they do. It is up to the other teams to play catch-up, either mechanically or chemically.

This quoted from the Gruber device site. " the Gruber Assist can be retrofitted to practically any bicycle provided it has a seat tube with an inner diameter of "31.6mm. Am I still missing something here ?
The gruber assist is the only one that we know about. If it could be built for 31.6mm' date=' it could be built for anything. Making the conspiracy even deeper. Batteries could even be stored in the frame where it runs from the crank to headtube. Throw in some nice light batteries in the construction of the frame, no one will ever know about it. [/quote'] smiley3.gif Maybe... the frame IS the battery! when constructing the frame they added a couple of Li-Ion wraps to the carbon!!! Genius! smiley15.gif

?

Even better, the frame is a solar panel Big%20smile

?

?

Haha!

This is so funny.

We all seem to like the "science fiction" side of things!

But back to reality. Solar panels embedded in the carbon maybe could give you a extra 20 watts.

Solar technology has really made some big gains in the last few years.

So, not a bad idea actually.

How small do you think that they could build a motor to give something small like 20 watts or something?

Small enough to fit into the BB itself maybe?

It could then go totally undetected.

20watts over the duration of a pro tour could make a major difference on the last day.

Well I suppose the motor could BE the BB...

And by weaving a solar panel into the back of his shirt you could effectively double the "solar panel area". That's why he didn't stand up, because the shirt panel connects to the bike through his shorts and saddle...

& maybe he uses transponder gel as bum cream so that the electricity can flow straight from his shirt into his bike.

Being serious now.

Has anyone else ever been shocked when cycling under power lines?

It has happened to me a few times and to a couple of my friends. Not huge, but it makes you weary of touching anything metal for a couple of seconds.

Why does it happen?

Didn't he use the Project Black frame for Roubix??http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/specialized-unveils-new-project-black-machine-for-saxo-bank/114074

mmmm.....

Stop trying to solve the mistery, I would like to know who of the hubbers will start importing the Gruber assistBig%20smile

Stop trying to solve the mistery' date=' I would like to know who of the hubbers will start importing the Gruber assistBig%20smile[/quote']

It is quite expensive ja and makes a horrible noise ja. Plus you have to drill a hole in your 31.6mm hardtail frame. If you have one. Ouch. 

Like KERS from F1 but for bicycles. :) If you add regenerative braking type thing into mix then it could get interesting. Think this would be way worse to get caught doing than 'normal' doping, because you would be literally caught red handed with your pants around your ankles type of thing. Standing there trying to explain why your bicycle can paddle itself. I just want to know who designed and developed the system and how much they get paid to keep quite (if it exists). As for the remote... dead simple,you could put it in a shoe if you wanted too and operate it with your toe.

Ye, definitely much worse than doping - getting caught for this is an emperor's new clothes type scenario - suddenly everyone knows that sexy piece of R&D you are riding is actually just a mo'ped.

Sexy%20Motorbike

But then again, maybe what they say in NASCAR is becoming the norm in cycling as well - "if you aren't cheating you're just not trying hard enough". Show some initiative godammit!

lukehardiman2010-06-01 14:14:17

Like I already said; I really do not want to believe it, but you do wonder!

IF this would be true, it opens a new world of 'doping'. But yet it makes perfectly sence: once you finish the race you are taken away to be tested, but who takes notice of your bike?????

I don't know... if this happens to be true I think the sport of cycling will loose all credibility...

Cancellera has always come across as a great sportsman (in all senses of the word)' date=' I can't see him blatantly cheating like this video implies. He has always been strong, winning TT's for years.

I think it's a load of poef...

my 2c worth.
[/quote']

I agree with MariusL, Sparticus is a great sportsman and I really don't think they would risk something like that, someone would notice without a doubt!

2c + 2c = a vote of confidence Wink