Proudly South African...

'Dale

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please lets try and keep this positive.

If there is nothing good to say, rather don't say it.

I am so stoked and super proud to be South African, the vibe is awesome, and against all odds we will pull off an incredible event.

Do you think we should have sat on our our arses and waited for white people to allow us our freedom?

We have an ugly past but I have utmost respect for people that put there lives on the line so that I and others can have freedom of speech' date=' association and movement. Freedom to enjoy cycling trails wherever, whenever without one group keeping the best for themselves.

You sound like you would rather have oppressed people accept their lot and no fight for freedom.

Mitsu

[/quote']

WTF??? LOLLOLLOL

20100611_011159_Mitsu.PNG

What's so funny? At least this guy has the balls to put a name to his comments. Or are you speaking as the Cervelo Anti-terrorism Spokesperson?

lukehardiman2010-06-11 01:58:29

I heard a little of this speech on the radio the other day, and I was proud, for the first time in many months to be South African.

"On an occasion such as this, we should, perhaps, start from the beginning.

So, let me begin.

I am an African.

I owe my being to the hills and the valleys, the mountains and the glades, the rivers, the deserts, the trees, the flowers, the seas and the ever-changing seasons that define the face of our native land.

My body has frozen in our frosts and in our latter day snows. It has thawed in the warmth of our sunshine and melted in the heat of the midday sun. The crack and the rumble of the summer thunders, lashed by startling lightening, have been a cause both of trembling and of hope.

The fragrances of nature have been as pleasant to us as the sight of the wild blooms of the citizens of the veld.

The dramatic shapes of the Drakensberg, the soil-coloured waters of the Lekoa, iGqili noThukela, and the sands of the Kgalagadi, have all been panels of the set on the natural stage on which we act out the foolish deeds of the theatre of our day.

At times, and in fear, I have wondered whether I should concede equal citizenship of our country to the leopard and the lion, the elephant and the springbok, the hyena, the black mamba and the pestilential mosquito.

A human presence among all these, a feature on the face of our native land thus defined, I know that none dare challenge me when I say - I am an African! ..."

Thabo Mbeki.

He may not have been in touch with "the masses", but he was more a president than this crap we have to deal with today.

The rest of his speech is here:

http://www.soweto.co.za/html/i_iamafrican.htmnolipoli2010-06-11 02:13:37

Well mitsu' date=' you're sitting om your asses and waiting for everything else to be handed to you and you were found sitting on your asses around fires with mud huts, shagging donkeys when the whites got here.

Cervelo - mitsu is a coloured person, that's not so hard to figure out...
[/quote']

Wow. Not sure where you fit racially but in evoloutionary terms you've definitely wandered down a cul-de-sac. Your poorly worded and logically arse-about-face argument for your own genetic superiority kind of trips over itself and falls flat on it's face.

Life must suck when you are this angry and this stupid.

Pity that some of our fellow riders still live in the past. Feel it it is here, live now and have dreams for the future my man, at least you can change the future but not the past. Get over it. Stop dreaming about history, you are missing all the opportunities of today and tomorrow. Be proud of what this country has to offer

I was proudly South African this morning, as proud as you can be with NO ELECTRICITY!!! But its OK, I got some quality Vuvuzela practice in for later!!

Yes, we dream about the future... but included in those dreams come thoughts of, am I gonna be robbed, hijacked , killed , raped if a girl, my bike taken from me etc. And is this new government gonna do something about it , let me see.

robbed, hijacked , killed , raped if a girl, my bike taken from me , chances in order of appearence above, high, high, high, high, high, very low! Can you blame anyone for being pissed off at Mandela an co. If they had balls, they would have disciplined their people with police and criminals get the punishment they deserve, but they dont'.

What a way to start the week-end, proudly COLOURED and Just love the way our opposition thinks about us "lesser persons" in their minds.

BEWARE the swart gewaar after the world cup when we mess this country up further to prove to "you" clowns WE CAN.

Better you start canvassing for all the votes the DA can garner before the local elections come 2011.

Not a very balanced article. He ridicules tourists for believing the stereotypes about South Africa and South Africans but in the same article he reveals his own biased and stereotyped views.

Mitsu, there is some truth in what you said, particularly about getting over the past and Cervelo also raises very valid points about the future and what it holds for minority groups in SA.

I am not so sure that cycling trails or even our roads are available to all whenever and wherever they like, more than enough muggings and hijackings to suggest that the opposite is true.

Jissie mallo, long time no see! Whish I had some of your "gees"! The weather's sh*tty and cold, Ive been at work since 04H30, my shoulder still hurts, I can't ride and I have to work tomorrow.

And I'm ready for the "swart gevaar"! Bring it on!Big%20smile

Fortuanately I dont give a **** about the pessimists and moaners anymore. The sooner they pack their bags and piss off the better.

Cervello, you are a twit!

Neanderthals like you are keeping the embers of mistrust and hate smouldering. Why don't you just immigrate already?!

I for one will be having a BIG jol starting today and ending July 12 (when I'll inevitably have to deal with a month's worth of hangovers in one day).

Cervello' date=' you are a twit!

Neanderthals like you are keeping the embers of mistrust and hate smouldering. Why don't you just immigrate already?!

[/quote']

Emmigrating wont make them happier. They will just find something else to moan about over there.

Damn, it is a real pitty it all came down to this on a day like today!

What a shame, thanx for F-all!

Fortuanately I dont give a **** about the pessimists and moaners anymore. The sooner they pack their bags and piss off the better.

Damn right! And I don't know much about this football thing but everyone seems pretty perky right now. Might as well go with it.