Psssssst....must watch SC show!!!

nellie

I personaly applaud her for taking her stance and making this public.

- It creates awareness, of not only the flawed system (CSA), but also the injustice taking place.

- I think it's deplorable when a National champion is left out of a squad, it's irrelevant whether the Worlds course would suite her or not.

- She started preparation for this ages ago, and for what. To be shafted.

- If CSA dont respond to this, it just goes to show there are deeper political agendas in play.

Good luck & prosperity to Ronel.

DClap

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ClapClapVery sad though that something like this has to happen before somebody starts to question the goings on behind the scenes!!

Still nicely done Ronel!!!

I still can't believe that in this day and age prize money is not equally split between ladies and men.

Another thing that Chilli pepper mentioned after the Lost City race was that there was price money for the Mens and mixed tandems but not ladies tandems.

I heard the tandem riders at Lost City say that they were the only ladies tandem on the day. Normally the organisers want a minimum of 5 tandems in a category to compete to contend for prize money.

You can't hold these girls ransom because other ladies tandem don't want to enter, but ladies tandem racing is only starting to grow now. I am sure organisers are trying their best to cover all angles.

I still can't believe that in this day and age prize money is not equally split between ladies and men.

They must give them the same prize money and give them a 20 minute window to finish in behind the winning men's time. For every 5 minutes they they are outside that window, the prize money drops 10%. That way they will be forced to race. LOL

Okay, I'll get my coat.

ENGLISH ATALL???

ienglieshmen..... het jy gesien WEG het die pad gebaan vir Afrikaanse tydskrifte. SPORTS ILLUSTRATED is ook nou in Afrikaans beskikbaar. Jy beter maar die TAAL begin leer of jy sal binnekort nie meer jou boekies kan lees nie. So veel vir jou voorheen ongevraagde stelling dat Afrikaans besig is om te kwyn. Ek gee jou toestemming om sommer net hier verkoning daarvoor te maak sonder dat enigiemand sal waag om te se hierdie boodskap is gekaap!!!!!!!!

They must give them the same prize money and give them a 20 minute window to finish in behind the winning men's time. For every 5 minutes they they are outside that window' date=' the prize money drops 10%. That way they will be forced to race. LOL

Okay, I'll get my coat.

[/quote']

Mampara if you apply that at the Lost City the Ladies would have got 90% of the price money as the were 30 minutes if the men's time.

And the did not even get close to that.

Also, normally the elite price money go to tenth, even the juniors went to 5th at Lost City and the ladies only get price money for the first three.

Another thing that Chilli pepper mentioned after the Lost City race was that there was price money for the Mens and mixed tandems but not ladies tandems.

I heard the tandem riders at Lost City say that they were the only ladies tandem on the day. Normally the organisers want a minimum of 5 tandems in a category to compete to contend for prize money.

You can't hold these girls ransom because other ladies tandem don't want to enter' date=' but ladies tandem racing is only starting to grow now. I am sure organisers are trying their best to cover all angles.
[/quote'] There was actually no prize money for any of the tandems, Mixed or Male, but there was Trophy's for Mixed and Male whereas the was a trophy for Ladies Tandem last year, and none this year, so it's not a question even of minimum 5 Ladies Tandems entered, it wouldn't have made a difference if there was 100 Ladies Tandems, there would still have been no recognition or trophy for Ladies Tandems

Why? If the field size is such that you require say 4 mens categories to one ladies category to have similar group sizes, surely each category should have similar prizes? In this example the split between men and women would be 4 to 1.

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread, but Beee and I want to try the Dischem on tandem again, so I went and had a look....  R750 prize money for the winner of the men's tandem race.... R750 prize money for the winner of the mixed tandem race....  and the prize money for the ladies tandem race..... can anyone guess??OuchDeadAngry

You can't hold these girls ransom because other ladies tandem don't want to enter' date=' but ladies tandem racing is only starting to grow now. I am sure organisers are trying their best to cover all angles.
[/quote'] There was actually no prize money for any of the tandems, Mixed or Male, but there was Trophy's for Mixed and Male whereas the was a trophy for Ladies Tandem last year, and none this year, so it's not a question even of minimum 5 Ladies Tandems entered, it wouldn't have made a difference if there was 100 Ladies Tandems, there would still have been no recognition or trophy for Ladies Tandems

My two cents worth: I ride miXED tandem , and until recently , there was hardly any recognition for mixed tandems, this has now been brought to book and mixed tandem are know recognised, I know on various occasions where we finished in top three mixed tandem and not even mentioned. winners of mixed not mentioned???? nope. So the more we call for these things to happen and bring it to the attention of organisors etc, the better.

As in all sports the "fairer" sex seems to get the short end,

So to the Ladies Tandem (BEEE and Chili Pepper) We congratulate you and lets fight for their recognition and justice

My two cents worth: I ride miXED tandem ' date=' and until recently , there was hardly any recognition for mixed tandems, this has now been brought to book and mixed tandem are know recognised, I know on various occasions where we finished in top three mixed tandem and not even mentioned. [/quote']

I have to disagree. Mixed tandems are acknowledged at races since I can remember back in the 90's. Perhaps not up to third place. It's the ladies tandems that need attention. Perhaps Beee and them's efforts will inspire more girls to try tandem racing.

Didn't watch the whole thing last night, was there any mention as to why Robbie H isn't riding??

I can certainly understand Ronel's frustration but surely the easiest way to really pi$$ CSA off would be by her winning the races left this season??

Owen mentioned that Robert was on the reserve list and was looking to see what his form was like.

Pi$$ing the CSA off by winning all remaining races would not bring back the Worlds opportunity

Crux - unfortunately neither does resigning.

Lets wait and see if CSA are brave enough to stand up for their actions and book a slot in next week's SS (I think we might be waiting a long time though!)

Put yourselves in HER shoes.

She is a professional cyclist.

If you went to work and your "talent" resulted in a salary of R10k p/m - you can choose to work / change depending on whether / not you are happy with it.

As a professional cyclist - what other "company" do you go to ?

Another country ?

Look at how much your life has to change because of POOR, PATHETIC administration (the actual ar$e end of the sport - administration)