Tridenosen - new (safe not banned ) cycling drug of choice?

Konaman

Tridenosen actually is actually as close to a magic bullet that you will ever get!

It has been used successfully in horse- and greyhound racing for the past decade.

The good thing about it is that it can be used before a race and after as an recovery aid. The only problem for cyclists, is that it needs to be injected in the muscles, so it would be easy to see if a cyclists took a few shots.

From a bit of reading, they say you can inject subcutaneously as well....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are being sarcastic and funny I hope .......... :blink:

Nope, read that too, some Ausie company developed it for horse racing. Been used for 10+ (might be more) years successfully. The only reason why it is probably not banned yet, is because there is probably no test for it yet

First up, HUGE difference between "safe" and "legal". Huge. In this context I assume that "safe" is incorrectly being used in place of "legal".

Second is just a generic point to think about on where to draw the line and what constitutes a performance enhancer:

A performance enhancer is essentially something that you can take/do that is gives you something that is not naturally available to your body. So how are concentrated food drinks/protein shakes/recovery drinks not considered "performance enhancers". Many people use them because they see a true benefit (ie enhances performance), and while it is possible to get everything in a recovery drink through real food, it's not really possible/feasible to eat that much straight after a high intensity workout let alone process it as quickly. Or to have it pre-digested as is the case with some of these supplements. So I see this whole lot as pretty grey from the onset (don't even get started on TUEs).

The black-and-white of it is that: A compound cannot be banned unless it a) exists, b) it can be positively tested for. Therefore it is reasonable to assume there will always be performance enhancers which are "legal" as they are still being studied. This doesn't mean that they are "safe".

So in terms of Tridenosen, if you really feel that you need to use the stuff.... use it while you can because you can expect to see it on the banned substances list in the near future.

They are taking their sweet time developing a test. Seems this stuff has been "available" since around 2006

just learned that 2 of my buddies have been using this over the past 3months and they have sky rocketed in standings.

world tour?

this man has a point..

"this product" (emphasis on you have to BUY it ) theres lotsa products out there made by lotsa snake oil salesmen NONE of them really do anything that good diet and training ( yeah imagine that.. if you want to go faster you have to actually practice)  wont produce without them being used.

there are no magic bullets :ph34r:

remember this if it actually did anything it would be banned already and a fool and his money are soon parted ....don't be the fool brother :thumbup:

and seriously body builders use it ....really ........do you want to have tiny shrunken genitals and a crappy attitude and smother yourself in selftan and wear a speedo :wacko:

Just something about it, tells me it is one of those Omerta products, guess we'll only know once they developed a test for it, hopefully soon

From a bit of reading, they say you can inject subcutaneously as well....

Ah ok, never knew that!

I see that there is something like Tridenosen-H for humans, but looks like the composition is very different and too much hassle for a bit of ATP.

Ah ok, never knew that!

I see that there is something like Tridenosen-H for humans, but looks like the composition is very different and too much hassle for a bit of ATP.

probably had to make it different as to avoid the homicide investigations that could follow :) 

Awesome - where can I then buy this - also want one of those bands, but not purple, that will clash with my bike and my kit.  Maybe red, white or black - In fact I will take one of each. :clap:

Did a bit of searching, and I can't find a single journal article that used this drug on human subjects. So not sure how one can clam it's safe.

Wonder if it won't be one of those cases where a athlete suddenly contracts a mysterious virus that puts them out for a few months..... Won't be the first time

Heard a horror story recently, straight from the horses mouth nogal, from a well known cyclist here in the south .... he bought some or other 'vitamin boost' (he may be sugar coating it) that he found on the Internet. It had to be collected from some okes house in Pretoria and was very expensive, after taking it for just 2 weeks he was 5 mins faster at a locally TT race held every winter than he had ever been before!

BUT just a few days later ended up in hospital with life threatening blood clots in his leg, it has been directly attributed to what he took by the medical experts. 

Heard a horror story recently, straight from the horses mouth nogal, from a well known cyclist here in the south .... he bought some or other 'vitamin boost' (he may be sugar coating it) that he found on the Internet. It had to be collected from some okes house in Pretoria and was very expensive, after taking it for just 2 weeks he was 5 mins faster at a locally TT race held every winter than he had ever been before!

BUT just a few days later ended up in hospital with life threatening blood clots in his leg, it has been directly attributed to what he took by the medical experts. 

Better known as EPO, and he probably took a little extra..... Famous for clotting your blood. He can be glad one didn't go through his heart

Better known as EPO, and he probably took a little extra..... Famous for clotting your blood. He can be glad one didn't go through his heart

Had to bite my tongue then  :ph34r:  :whistling:

My only question is why?

Ego? Vanity? Prize money?

Why the fark would you stick something in your body that you have no clue about in the hopes that you'll ride faster?

If it's to beat your mates you're a twat.

If it's to win prize money you're a corrupt twat.

If it's just to get a faster 94.7 time you're a stupid twat.

Fork me. I can't actually believe this is even being debated.