Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoooooly sheeeet... Take that pic onto the ss thread on Mtbr called who has the baddest ss and win. The end.

Nice work!!

Some serious competition on that thread...!

Phil Wood cranks on my SIR and I'll be very happy (not that I'm currently unhappy :thumbup: ).

Some serious competition on that thread...!

Phil Wood cranks on my SIR and I'll be very happy (not that I'm currently unhappy :thumbup: ).

Yes there sure is but everyone loves a steel SS and one built like yours will be a winner.

Yes there sure is but everyone loves a steel SS and one built like yours will be a winner.

Thanks - appreciate that ????.

Maiden ride on my STR at Van Gaalens this morning

post-6012-0-11402800-1406976804_thumb.jpg

a little something I added to the back of my fork :whistling:

post-6012-0-34715000-1406977261_thumb.jpg

Nice ride .Do you not miss a suspetion fork .Especially at a place like van Gaalens with all them rocks

Nice ride .Do you not miss a suspetion fork .Especially at a place like van Gaalens with all them rocks

well, it was only my first ride... too soon to know if I miss suspension on it....

Didn't do anything hectic, just the River and Church ..

But I'm sure once I ride DaggaPad etc, I'll know all about it.

well, it was only my first ride... too soon to know if I miss suspension on it....

Didn't do anything hectic, just the River and Church ..

But I'm sure once I ride DaggaPad etc, I'll know all about it.

I rode the USN event at avianto today on my trusty Tallboy .Man! I was happy I was on the full sus .My SS has a 120mm fork with lockout .Makes the bike 1,5kg heavier but when you need it it helps .I am to old for a rigid fork anyway .Rigid forks are for 20 year old laaities that weigh 60kg :rolleyes:

I rode the USN event at avianto today on my trusty Tallboy .Man! I was happy I was on the full sus .My SS has a 120mm fork with lockout .Makes the bike 1,5kg heavier but when you need it it helps .I am to old for a rigid fork anyway .Rigid forks are for 20 year old laaities that weigh 60kg :rolleyes:

A mate of mine has done the the Magalies Monster 2 years in a row on his rigid SS (finishing something like 16th overall this year , if memory serves me right. If not, I know he still did really well)

so my thinking is... if he can do it... so can I ... just on easier routes :P