Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Surley karate monkey 29er fork on my 26er Giant. Axle to crown basically the same as my old suspension fork.

Have you tried riding a 29" up front? 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics Percy. What gear ratio are you running?

Have you posted pics of your bike in the Cotic thread? Awesome steed!

Great pics Percy. What gear ratio are you running?

Have you posted pics of your bike in the Cotic thread? Awesome steed!

thank you.

yes I think I did. If not, will grab a few sometime and post them.

am running a 32/17. Works for me.

yes, I love this bike. Its beaut to ride. My fastest hill2hill out of 6 finishes was on this bike.

Surley karate monkey 29er fork on my 26er Giant. Axle to crown basically the same as my old suspension fork.

Will be the same (or similar) to an unsagged suspension fork. Won't have the same average axle to crown during a ride.

Will be the same (or similar) to an unsagged suspension fork. Won't have the same average axle to crown during a ride.

Ja, same as the unsagged susp fork. Almost bought that On One fork at the time but thought the axle to crown might have been a bit "low"?

Ja, same as the unsagged susp fork. Almost bought that On One fork at the time but thought the axle to crown might have been a bit "low"?

To get equivalent to a sagged 26" suspension fork one will run a 440-450mm rigid axle to crown. 470-490mm on a 29r. Based on a 100mm suspension fork.

To get equivalent to a sagged 26" suspension fork one will run a 440-450mm rigid axle to crown. 470-490mm on a 29r. Based on a 100mm suspension fork.

Ja, also did a lot of browsing before buying. In the end the Surly looked better (to me) and I could probably still use the 29er fork if I upgraded to a different frame in future.

Why such skinny tyres?

Those are 2.25 Maxxis Ardent Race tyres.... far from skinny! The massive fork clearance makes them look a little off...