Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well its a start, building another bike now but for the next month or so this is mine...

And what pray tell is this other bike....

Hi Guys

Any SS rides or groups in Durbanville?

You are welcome to join me. Ride Tygerberg MTB Trails twice a week, will probably do Contermans thursday after work. PM me if you interested.

very nice.  How's the saddle?

Thanks. Saddle is great. Won't change it for anything. (this is the B-17 Narrow btw).

Bike is ready to roll with my new fork. I first thought I got real lucky, and got a Carver as a present. Turns out it is a MKM35. The added 20mm in the axel to crown length does make it feel pretty good (I'm 1.94m), as it alters the geometry of the bike. It definitely feels more relaxed. It is approximately 350 grams heavier than the Niner, but who's counting grams when you're having fun? :lol: Now I just need to find time to ride. Work has been killing me.

post-37016-0-48792000-1474638515_thumb.jpg

post-37016-0-49277500-1474638528_thumb.jpg

Anyone on here able to help me out with a 16t cog ? (pretoria area )

I have a almost brand new 17t cog to swap,or put in cash diffrence :)

I have a spare 16t. Can get it to you by weekend, if you are willing to wait?

I was riding my geared MTB through our local trails yesterday and I came across a singlespeeder. It brought a massive smile to my face and I immediately wished that I was on my Singular. He was riding a 26er hardtail that he had converted to a SS with a tensioner. His bike was very basic but in great condition. You could see that he took great pride in it.

I love that about SS. It has nothing to do with branding or specific materials or aero... a SS is a personal thing and it says a lot about the rider.

Moral of the story, ride what you have and be proud of it. more importantly, ride your SS more often!

Edited by Monark

You lost me at "I was riding my geared MTB..."  :lol: 

Just kidding. You know my motto, 'Whatever makes your boat float.' I'll be honest, I missed gears this weekend. I had no alternative but to MTFU and ride. So basically I'm just jealous because I don't have a geared bike anymore.  :P