Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

I am once again toying with the idea of a SS setup on my current bike, but I ended up with an XD hub to fit the fancy schmancy XX1 cassette that came with the bike. 

Anybody have any options or alternatives to the expensive import options to get a SS cog onto an XD hub? I've strongly considered just designing an adaptor (splines and a thread, not too hard to machine) and having it machined by a buddy. Would maybe work out cheaper than either getting an HG Freehub to suit my Rapide wheels or importing an expensive kit.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Menno Schagen said:

Now I know it has street tyres on, but you can easily run a set of knobblies on here too! Really like this setup and had to share

Tigre SS4.jpg

That looks dead sexy, and the font on the Carver fork works really well with the white wall tyre attitude thing going on ... makes me think of a Low rider or a Cholo type bike

Lowrider Bike Accessories Flash Sales, 57% OFF | www.ingeniovirtual.com

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

That looks dead sexy, and the font on the Carver fork works really well with the white wall tyre attitude thing going on ... makes me think of a Low rider or a Cholo type bike

Lowrider Bike Accessories Flash Sales, 57% OFF | www.ingeniovirtual.com

Yes, I have actually purchased a moustache style handlebar and was toying with the idea to go a bit more cruiser style, but I like the versatility to put on knobblies and tear up a trail or 2. 

21 hours ago, Menno Schagen said:

Now I know it has street tyres on, but you can easily run a set of knobblies on here too! Really like this setup and had to share

Tigre SS4.jpg

Nice fork that 😉

On 7/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, MORNE said:

Nice fork that 😉

Would the Rapide frame take 3 x 750ml bottles in the triangle, using a holy rail for 2 on the down tube and 1 bottle on the seat tube ?

Just now, Koos Likkewaan said:

Would the Rapide frame take 3 x 750ml bottles in the triangle, using a holy rail for 2 on the down tube and 1 bottle on the seat tube ?

Apologies, post was meant for Menno.

Thought I'd share my Cotic Simple SS in current form.

What a pleasure to be able to ride it along the beach at low tide.

Oval 34t with a 19t at the rear.

The Stan's Arch Mk4 rims are super and the Cure hubs have been faultless.

I'm running Vittoria Agarro front and Barzo rear and liking them a lot.

Just bought a KMC 9-speed e-bike chain to try out and hope it lasts a bit more than 1500km - singlespeeds go through chains at a high rate!

IMG_3023.jpg

On 7/25/2022 at 9:38 AM, Koos Likkewaan said:

Yes, the frame is definitely long enough to take the holy rail and one on the seat tube.  

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure that I've posted this before, but I love this bike, so here it is again. 

I haven't ridden my nice bike in many weeks,  riding this bike exclusively. And I'm pretty sure that I'll be taking this bike on holiday instead. 

4F345C39-2BEE-45F8-96A2-74ED45075FAA.jpeg

• 8 months later...
47 minutes ago, jcmeyerSS said:

My Oldboy SS rocking new hoops from Lyne.

Untitled.png

hubs as well?