Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

58 minutes ago, Coenie W said:

New build ready for tomorrow  !Screenshot_20210813-141010_Gallery.jpg.b58d6a5fe8c03c5470cad512d7776c8d.jpg

What fork is that, and where'd you get it?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Coenie W said:

New build ready for tomorrow  !Screenshot_20210813-141010_Gallery.jpg.b58d6a5fe8c03c5470cad512d7776c8d.jpg

I just had a pantsident....

Congrats. I'm very keen to hear how the bike climbs.

Please post some details of that rigid fork. What is the suspension compensation?

Where are BOTH of your Bottle Cages???

Thanks for the comments.

The gearing is a 32/20:setup.

The fork I bought of a hubber, and it does not have a brand name. To be honest it looks as though the legs were tig welded onto a n old suspension fork crown. Very sturdy, no problems so far (I'm fat but ride conservatively). Approx 490 mm axle to crown so 100 to 120 fork length.

I collect steel frames and they are all built as rigid singles, because they have to be ridden. Gears and suspension is a budget killer.

Bottle cages to follow !

Edited by Coenie W

1 hour ago, Coenie W said:

Thanks for the comments.

The gearing is a 32/20:setup.

The fork I bought of a hubber, and it does not have a brand name. To be honest it looks as though the legs were tig welded onto a n old suspension fork crown. Very sturdy, no problems so far (I'm fat but ride conservatively). Approx 490 mm axle to crown so 100 to 120 fork length.

I collect steel frames and they are all built as rigid singles, because they have to be ridden. Gears and suspension is a budget killer.

Bottle cages to follow !

Cool, I used to run a 32x20 on my On One when I was not so lazy and used to do Table Mountain before work ... that is a nice ratio if you are not a skinny race snake :P

Edit: I see you are Durbanville, so that should take you up any climb on the Tygerberg trails.

Edited by Hairy on a Davidson

4 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Cool, I used to run a 32x20 on my On One when I was not so lazy and used to do Table Mountain before work ... that is a nice ratio if you are not a skinny race snake :P

Edit: I see you are Durbanville, so that should take you up any climb on the Tygerberg trails.

Living in the past there Hairy? hahahaha

• 1 month later...

Finally finished the build on my MTB SS. He already made an appearance on the Where has your bike taken you today thread.

Got the frame almost exactly a year ago, together with the handlebar and seat post and some gearing goodies that I never intended to use. Got it from a Hubber. Then came the fork, front wheel, white tyres and an extra set of black tyres. Also from a Hubber. The fork's paintjob was tired but some powder coating sorted that. The crank, BB, green grips, tubby bag and minipump from Hubber Rion. The stem I bought many years ago, also from a Hubber. Saddle also from a Hubber. The chainring and sprocket came from CRC, long before the ZAR become so useless. Rear wheel, chain and headset I got from the LBS. 

I have a 38-16t on there, because my commute is really really flat. Everybody knows that Potch doesn't really have hills. It rides like a dream. It's quiet and smooth, the bike is light compared to my old commuter, and is just loads of fun.

20210911_103109-resize.jpg

20210911_103116-resize.jpg

20210911_103124-resize.jpg

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

That 'rat bike' look really bothered me so it went off to the painter yesterday, spent some time at the vinyl guy this morning ... this is the end result. Much happier now ????

20211019_145915.jpg

20211019_150006.jpg

20211019_145944.jpg

:D

On 10/19/2021 at 4:07 PM, Hairy said:

went down this rabbit hole a while ago with the track

Then re done by one of my favourite bands of all time;