• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Been out of action for a few weeks, had a nasty fall with my MTB and broke my ankle (Fibula & Tibia), both sides  :wacko: .

If the 4 Samaritans (fellow bikers) that helped me, (first 2 from from the single track to the road, and then another 2 helped me into the car when my wife came to get me) are on here, thanks very much, have no other means of getting hold of you.  Without your help I would have been screwed.

The pain was agonizing and it will be probably at least another 4-6 weeks before I can get my arse on a bike again.

It's very frustrating to be able to do very little for myself or anyone else :( .  First time in my life being in this situation and it suck big time,

Been out of action for a few weeks, had a nasty fall with my MTB and broke my ankle (Fibula & Tibia), both sides  :wacko: .

If the 4 Samaritans (fellow bikers) that helped me, (first 2 from from the single track to the road, and then another 2 helped me into the car when my wife came to get me) are on here, thanks very much, have no other means of getting hold of you.  Without your help I would have been screwed.

The pain was agonizing and it will be probably at least another 4-6 weeks before I can get my arse on a bike again.

It's very frustrating to be able to do very little for myself or anyone else :( .  First time in my life being in this situation and it suck big time,

broke my fibula on 27 March, good luck with your recovery.

broke my fibula on 27 March, good luck with your recovery.

Same day !  What a coincidence?  How are you doing?

it's been a week since my bike (to be renamed snapper) took me to get some xrays and then to the orthopedic surgeon's office.

Broken fibula and some ligament damage.

6 weeks no weight on my foot, at least I got away without the need for a cast or a moonboot.

Follow up on the 14th to see/hear what the next steps are.

attachicon.gifIMG-20210401-WA0021.jpg

Mine look pretty much the same, just with some screws on the other side also.  Luckily the orthopedic surgeon said my tendons are in tact.

I got half a cast underneath and bandaged over the front.  The worst is the pain when blood rush down when my foot is not elevated, is getting better slowly but surely.

Edited by TheoG

Been out of action for a few weeks, had a nasty fall with my MTB and broke my ankle (Fibula & Tibia), both sides :wacko: .

If the 4 Samaritans (fellow bikers) that helped me, (first 2 from from the single track to the road, and then another 2 helped me into the car when my wife came to get me) are on here, thanks very much, have no other means of getting hold of you. Without your help I would have been screwed.

It's very frustrating to be able to do very little for myself or anyone else :( . First time in my life being in this situation and it suck big time,

OUCH !!!

Speedy recovery.

Big thanks to those that helped !!!!!!

We went to Phambili side of Avianto trails, just for a reminder of how nice and challenging the trails there are.

377D7A42-7F71-48BF-B266-FBDA834EC5AA.jpeg

Looks good.

How did you access it? If I'm understanding correctly, this is the section that you go under the tunnel to cross the main road to get to? I did this a few weeks ago and found a gate closing off the trails with a "private residence" no entry sign.

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Same day !  What a coincidence?  How are you doing?

Mine look pretty much the same, just with some screws on the other side also.  Luckily the orthopedic surgeon said my tendons are in tact.

I got half a cast underneath and bandaged over the front.  The worst is the pain when blood rush down when my foot is not elevated, is getting better slowly but surely.

seeing the doc tomorrow to get the stitches out. swelling is down quite a bit and stays that way if I elevate the foot. I can sit behind my desk for about an hour at a time.

ja, that blood-rushing business is blerrie painful.

Looks good.

How did you access it? If I'm understanding correctly, this is the section that you go under the tunnel to cross the main road to get to? I did this a few weeks ago and found a gate closing off the trails with a "private residence" no entry sign.

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

that’s correct. Follow the blue “ west” trails, under the culvert and then left into the property. Follow the dual track all the way up, then take a left upma little tar section. All the way down and then right onto the trails. Green is ok there, but what you really want to do is the technical blue trails, gets your ascending game dialled.

Putney Heath and Wimbledon Common Gravelling 

173502501_1394972110853479_9226218310501

172021695_1393787710971919_2316922452235

Causing trouble with mates over the weekend in Surrey:

171536109_1393273221023368_3151741094443

Nice looking Crux :thumbup:

What bike is handing around there?

Putney Heath and Wimbledon Common Gravelling 

Causing trouble with mates over the weekend in Surrey:

171536109_1393273221023368_3151741094443

I like them London Bike Trees  Not a particularly attractive tree, but boy, the fruit the bear! :thumbup:

Edited by DJR