Xterra Buffelspoort

Grondpad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering doing events similar to this but only the running and mtb part, I cant swim at all. Do any of you know if there are "dutahlons" like this doing the rounds? Ive looked on ndorfin.co.za but couldnt see any

Thanks

I am considering doing events similar to this but only the running and mtb part, I cant swim at all. Do any of you know if there are "dutahlons" like this doing the rounds? Ive looked on ndorfin.co.za but couldnt see any

Thanks

In the same boat as you...did this event last year and it was truly amazing but the swimming leg nearly killed me...(tip for first time xterra warriors...you cannot "wing" the swim)

Found the sasol duathlon series and did them, check cyclelab site to enter

normally a 3km run followed by a 30-40 odd km mtb and then 10km trail run. Alot of fun

In the same boat as you...did this event last year and it was truly amazing but the swimming leg nearly killed me...(tip for first time xterra warriors...you cannot "wing" the swim)

Found the sasol duathlon series and did them, check cyclelab site to enter

normally a 3km run followed by a 30-40 odd km mtb and then 10km trail run. Alot of fun

Aslo keep an out our for the Momentum iFlex series. They have some off road events

Thanks Rouxtjie and Grondpad.

Checked out the Sasol one quickly, looks nice. I began incorporating running into my training this year after almost two months of doing nothing worthwhile, and still need to do some seriaaas training, but its good to see there is something to work towards to :thumbup:

Edited by RudoJ

If I decide to enter this year it will be my 2nd - I have been off with injury and illness so very unfit at this stage. May just need an ambulance if I take part. Really good fun though even if you just take it easy and cruise through the event. If anyone is interested I have a copy of last years event on CD including what was shown on TV with myself being interviewed :P

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo... Who is doing 2012 Xterra Buffelspoort?!

Im there for the big one. Not going to work out well for me, but somehow Im AMPED.

I'm also going to be there only doing the half through, I dont want there to be a news article in the news the following day about some yuppie the drowned lol :D

The weather report looks dry but hot, although a forecast is a week away and not very accurate normally.

Saturday 28/01

Partly cloudy: 19/32°C, No Rain

Does anyone have a Lite and/or Full entry for Saturday's Xterra, but can't go?

We really want to go on Saturday, but had the wrong closing date for the entries and thought we could leave it until after IM70.3 to enter for Xterra Buffelspoort. We are looking for one Full and one Lite entry, if possible. Please msg me! Thanx :)

My wife and I will be doing the lite :) Super stoked! Will be my first Tri (her second). Does anyone know of decent places to stay over close to the event start? Not keen to drive through on Sat morning....

Good luck to all doing the Xterra tomorrow, on the way back from number collection earlier it was belting it down on the way to Magalies, looks like it could be a wet one!