Look my Orbea.......

Help.Me.

Whilst doing the Herald 42km MTB race Saturday with my daughter my bike just collapsed under me. :oops:

Holy smokes! Are you okay?

:blink:

Fortunately it was the family fun ride.... I can now say that i know the feeling if they kill your horse underneath you!!! Apart from a bruised shoulder and sore ankle i am ok!! My daughter (11 years) saw this fall episode and had to finish the race on her own.... she admit she starting crying around the corner due to shock ???

Fortunately it was the family fun ride.... I can now say that i know the feeling if they kill your horse underneath you!!! Apart from a bruised shoulder and sore ankle i am ok!! My daughter (11 years) saw this fall episode and had to finish the race on her own.... she admit she starting crying around the corner due to shock ???

Shame! Where abouts did the incident happen? I also did that route. Did you have to walk it out? :blink:

Shame! Where abouts did the incident happen? I also did that route. Did you have to walk it out? :blink:

About 1.5km after the last waterpoint(i think), 32km in the race, the road went slightly uphill then one turned right into the orchards and there was a nice dowhill before going up the last climb towards the poultry yard on the right handside. Carried the bike to the water point and got a lift with a farmer on his bakkie...

Can you post a pic from a bit further away so I can put that in perspective? Glad to hear you're ok, musta been quite a suprise!

That is incredible! I have never seen anything like that before... You are lucky you walked away from that with the injuries that you got! How old was the bike? :huh:

Can you post a pic from a bit further away so I can put that in perspective? Glad to hear you're ok, musta been quite a suprise!

Looks like where the down tube and seat tube meet just above the BB shell.

Hectic!

Whilst doing the Herald 42km MTB race Saturday with my daughter my bike just collapsed under me.

looks like you need to get your daughter her own bike - you and your daughter aren't both meant to be riding the bike at the same time!

in all seriousness though, that's pretty hectic (was probably darn scary!) - look like a combination of fatigue under the down tube (crack in the tube) and shoddy welding as the seat tube appears fairly intact. probably got too hot during welding causing the material to become too stiff and brittle and likely to fail.

That is incredible! I have never seen anything like that before... You are lucky you walked away from that with the injuries that you got! How old was the bike? :huh:

Bought the bike brand new in December 2008