Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Contador ban to be overturned ?

'According to Spanish newspaper El Periódico, the Spanish cycling federation’s competitions committee that recently recommended a one-year ban on Alberto Contador after his positive test for clenbuterol is considering overturning the decision due to legal considerations.

According to El Periódico, the Spanish federation was convinced that Contador did not use a medical product containing clenbuterol, nor had he undergone a blood transfusion that contained the product, nor had he been microdosing with the product.

The paper suggests that Contador’s legal team will make a case for the ban being overturned due to the judgment that effectively states that his positive test was due to factors beyond his control. It also states that members of the federation’s competitions committee are ready to change their verdict of a year’s ban based on this argument.'

Cyclingnews.com

And who said the Spanish didn't look after their own?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope its overturned so he can race the Tour, it will be so much more exciting watching him vs schlecks vs Basso

Contador ban to be overturned ?

'According to Spanish newspaper El Periódico, the Spanish cycling federation’s competitions committee that recently recommended a one-year ban on Alberto Contador after his positive test for clenbuterol is considering overturning the decision due to legal considerations.

According to El Periódico, the Spanish federation was convinced that Contador did not use a medical product containing clenbuterol, nor had he undergone a blood transfusion that contained the product, nor had he been microdosing with the product.

The paper suggests that Contador’s legal team will make a case for the ban being overturned due to the judgment that effectively states that his positive test was due to factors beyond his control. It also states that members of the federation’s competitions committee are ready to change their verdict of a year’s ban based on this argument.'

Cyclingnews.com

And who said the Spanish didn't look after their own?

I would also dig to see him in the TDF. Ive backed him the last 3 years and while he was riding a lot more agressive a few years ago, Its beyond me to think that he would have doped knowing they will test much more thorrough as the topic was blown huge just before the tour with the whole Lance story. But then thats what everyone does... Idiots.

I I would love to beleve - " that his positive test was due to factors beyond his control" but he is not just a normal kid on the block, he is the hero in a the sport where doping is rife.. and for one I have no doubt he wouldnt have the natural talent to get up there without doping.

Anyway, lets hope it gets withdrawn, Even if it just mixes things up a bit.

Without Contador the TDF will be very boring and very one sided (Schlecks)

Who really cares about the green jersey???

For me it's all about who ends up in Yellow.. And this year without a doubt it will go to the man who ended in last years White Jersey!! ;)

Without Contador the TDF will be very boring and very one sided (Schlecks)

Not sure about that.. Frank Schleck is nothing special these days and Andy is pretty crap at time trialling. I won't really miss contador - the guy has the personality of a wet cardboard box.

buy why? surely they want this to go away. please explain

They don't. Read mcquaid's comments around this.

Funny i dont recall reading about such a fuss when Li Fufu was suspended for the same thing :unsure:

Li Fufu didn't win a Tour, but I get what you're saying. Shame, he's most probably in a labour camp by now.

Guys. If he is guilty then he should be banned 2 years. Banning him for 1 year says to me there is uncertainty? The UCI is sending out mixed signals. Yes your guilty but here is only 1 year. There is no grey area?

Personally I believe he is guitly and personally i believe almost every rider in the tour dopes in some way or another.

They don't. Read mcquaid's comments around this.

Suits me, although I don't trust Fat pat or Verbruggen for a minute. If they push for the ban to stick I hope Albert grows a pair and dishes some filth on them.

I do not believe for one second that he is not guilty - unless of course the guilty cow also ate blood bags, and that is how the plasticiser also got into his blood :blush:

I would like to see him get banned for 2 years :clap:

Guys. If he is guilty then he should be banned 2 years. Banning him for 1 year says to me there is uncertainty? The UCI is sending out mixed signals. Yes your guilty but here is only 1 year. There is no grey area?

Personally I believe he is guitly and personally i believe almost every rider in the tour dopes in some way or another.

It's not he UCI, it's the Spanish Federation. If they overturn the one year ban the UCI will appeal and then everything starts all over again... <_<