Single speed projects

divernick

Hahaha!! Absolutely. Nothing wrong with your memory.

Matching stem and handlebar. Nothing like a bit of bling to spice things up.

Nothing wrong at all. Bike looks fun.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some help from the SS gurus please.

As can be seen I am starting a SS mtb build. 

Still need to decide on a crank. 

Wondering if a 180mm crank will  help with the extra leverage or should I stay with the 175mm crank as on  my other bicycles?

Would the extra 5mm really give a perceivable advantage or would it be "all in my mind"  :huh:

Edited by IH8MUD

Some help from the SS gurus please.

As can be seen I am starting a SS mtb build. 

Still need to decide on a crank. 

Wondering if a 180mm crank will  help with the extra leverage or should I stay with the 175mm crank as on  my other bicycles?

Would the extra 5mm really give a perceivable advantage or would it be "all in my mind"  :huh:

Stick with what you're used to. I'd be more worried about whacking the extra length on rocks...

What fork? What fork? What wheels?!?!

Could not have said it better.!!

Looking as American Classic Wide Lightning wheels. (Hope they are strong enough)

Otherwise a Stans Arch EX build.

Any other suggestions?

Fork . . .?!

I have no forking idea yet. Have access to two 2nd forks, one rigid carbon, one Fox Float Fit. But their steering tubes are both actually little to short.   :(

Will keep the build posted. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Could not have said it better.!!

Looking as American Classic Wide Lightning wheels. (Hope they are strong enough)

Otherwise a Stans Arch EX build.

Any other suggestions?

Fork . . .?!

I have no forking idea yet. Have access to two 2nd forks, one rigid carbon, one Fox Float Fit. But their steering tubes are both actually little to short.   :(

Will keep the build posted. 

WTB i23 KOM rims are pretty dam amazing! They pair well with some Hope Pro Evo 2 hubs with fat WTB Weirwolf tires. I was running a rigid carbon fork and had no issues, but have changed to a Manitou Tower Expert and it's rad.

WTB i23 KOM rims are pretty dam amazing! They pair well with some Hope Pro Evo 2 hubs with fat WTB Weirwolf tires. I was running a rigid carbon fork and had no issues, but have changed to a Manitou Tower Expert and it's rad.

Where can I get some of that Fat WTB tires?