Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So looks like Hamilton deal done, just Merc still not happy with terms like Sir Lewis of Monaco being able to block Russel as his team mate in future

Is that confirmed? Whats the source?

I am not sure how true that is... 

I understand it to be negotiations around royalties, profit share and so on. 

"Former F1 driver Arturo Merzario has pitched the idea that Hamilton doesn’t want George Russell to be his partner at Mercedes."

Well, lets see, the truth will show itself eventually.

As if Lewis needed more reason to be disliked.

I have loved watching his talents and skills blossom, I have not enjoyed watching his personality erode.

I just can't imagine Senna or Schumacher or Verstappen asking for or even thinking for a split second that they need protection against a faster teammate.

If this rumor is true he is kicking any potential legacy to the curb.

I just can't imagine Senna or Schumacher or Verstappen asking for or even thinking for a split second that they need protection against a faster teammate.

Well Senna did not sign a contract with Mclaren until 6 months into the season due to things they could not agree on, race fee, winning fee etc. 

It is nice to see that the real world issues of COVID and a financial meltdown is affecting F1 drivers and that money is more than just a number. Hard for Merc to be laying of factory workers while giving massive bonus to a single person, where they could put Russel in and achieve the same result. 

*Yes the F1 team is hardly funded at all by Merc, but the sentiment is there.

I don’t agree. History has shown that the champions have very often “controlled” who is in the No:2 seat. You think Ferrari thought Barrichello was the 2nd fasted driver on the planet? Many drivers have insisted they have a “say” in who their teammate is. This was discussed in Adrian Newey’s book “How to build a race car” and Mark Webber’s “Aussie Grit” books that I’ve read.

They want a teammate that can back them up well from their rivals but just not be fast enough to challenge them for the championship.

All media hype, the signing was never in danger.

Meanwhile Seb is looking super focused in his seat fitting, really hope the Merc power goes some way to showing talent does not just disappear.

That make 2 of us, I really hope Seb get his mojo back very early in the season.

I'm not a betting man at all - in fact I never do.  But I probably would have spent R500 by now on Booze so I'm going to put that R500 on Vettel being 2021 WC......

A R500 bet could net close to R40000 if he manages to pull it off.

I'm with you on the sentiment, but realistically speaking, very unlikely.  They are virtually a new team and I can not recall that a new team in their first season won the WC ever.

I'm just hoping Seb is competitive again and in a year or two would then be in a position to challenge for the title.

It would be a very welcome miracle if he can pull it off in 2021.

I'm not a betting man at all - in fact I never do. But I probably would have spent R500 by now on Booze so I'm going to put that R500 on Vettel being 2021 WC......

A R500 bet could net close to R40000 if he manages to pull it off.

Where are you betting?

I'm with you on the sentiment, but realistically speaking, very unlikely. They are virtually a new team and I can not recall that a new team in their first season won the WC ever.

I'm just hoping Seb is competitive again and in a year or two would then be in a position to challenge for the title.

It would be a very welcome miracle if he can pull it off in 2021.

Brawn GP?