Formula 1...

'Dale

If I was Grosjean, this would be my profile picture, phone background, pc background, flip I would even have it "blown up", framed and hang it in my lounge.

If he manages to find another ride his motto can be something along the lines of a pheonix rising out of the flames........

I think it summarizes his F1 career though

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a human being came out of this with pretty much no injuries. The gravitational force at the time of impact? 53G

Yesterday, at a very unfortunate incident in the formula 1 race in Bahrain, Romain Grosjean hit the (metal) barriers whilst racing at ~210kph (~125mph). His car was obviously destroyed, to the extent of going through the barriers and exploding. It took 27 seconds of staying in his burning car until he got out and was given the medical support needed. Today, he is resting in the hospital with no serious injury, other than some minor burns in his fingers.

So, how have we managed to develop technologies that allow us to endure such crazy accidents? The answer is simple:
- Investment in material science R&D and
- Prioritization of safety over entertainment.

The "Halo", a cockpit protection device depicted intact in the first photo, was introduced just 2 years ago and somehow was protested by some. The titanium -shrouded in carbon fibre- halo may have saved Grosjean's life.

Bottom line, when it comes to people's safety, there is no debate, we must innovate and invest in the best solutions possible in order to provide the highest quality safety mechanisms we can create.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/filippos-voulpiotis_formula1-materialscience-newtechnologies-activity-6739136229855563776-Y00f

post-27827-0-81314600-1606802681_thumb.jpg

post-27827-0-44562100-1606802690_thumb.jpg

I guess Stoffel Vandoorn will show us that anybody can get in that car and go fast right from the get go. I dont expect him to beat Bottas...but he should easily race the likes of max and co if he is anything as good as his junior championships proved - before alonso crushed him of course haha

post-64325-0-16984500-1606808144_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

I wonder what the insurance premiums and excesses are like on F1 cars? (If they are even covered by insurance).

Edit: probably not insured during a race (too risky), but insured for theft, transport damage, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/4dvwj3/are_formula_1_cars_insured_in_any_way/

Ironically...HAAS sued the Malaysian Gp a few years ago because a loose drain cover caused sonething in the region of €100k damage to the underside of Grosjean’s car in qualifying. They settled out of court. There are quite a few tracks that could send RoGro a bill fir danages by this point lol

I guess Stoffel Vandoorn will show us that anybody can get in that car and go fast right from the get go. I dont expect him to beat Bottas...but he should easily race the likes of max and co if he is anything as good as his junior championships proved - before alonso crushed him of course haha

LH probably still win.

Would love to see the Belgian in.

136cacd213ece015f4f9e639e1c0d318.jpg

Grosjean... “Here, hold my beer”.....

If I was Gene Haas I would be seriously worried that if I didn't re-hire him for next year, three dragons were going to pitch up at the factory for a word.....

What is the reason that tyres and water barriers are no longer used? I think its only some F1 tracks, maybe all. 

It will be vandoorn or Hulk imo...hulk already drove a pink version of the car this year lol.

Russel with an outside chance depending on what they can make happen with williams. But it will be a stressful weekend for bottas for sure....because he quite literally cant lose against who ever they put in there if he is still dreaming about a future as lewlew’s lapdog.

It will be vandoorn or Hulk imo...hulk already drove a pink version of the car this year lol.

Russel with an outside chance depending on what they can make happen with williams. But it will be a stressful weekend for bottas for sure....because he quite literally cant lose against who ever they put in there if he is still dreaming about a future as lewlew’s lapdog.

Bottas is not employed to win though.

I would love to see Hulk get another shot, imagine if he wins.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)