Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere Silverstone would def have a sprint race and i think it will be the first one. but we wait n see. 

According to a Reddit post:

The probable number of laps in each of the 3 races (going by the 100 km rule of these races)

Silverstone - 17 laps

Monza - 18 laps

Interlagos - 24 laps

So what stops this from just being a procession?
No strategy, minimal tyre wear, etc. And then the grid forms up exactly as it would have, so is this just to hand out more points for no reason?
Why not reverse grid for the top 10 places. Or put numbers in a hat while making up the rules....

So what stops this from just being a procession?

No strategy, minimal tyre wear, etc. And then the grid forms up exactly as it would have, so is this just to hand out more points for no reason?

Why not reverse grid for the top 10 places. Or put numbers in a hat while making up the rules....

I think the idea is to have a mini race - basically for the spectator's enjoyment.

I thought there was a budget cap. This "race" is only going to incur more cost and damaged cars.

there is and Merc and williams are already worries since they had massive loss with that crash 

Teams will be paid more more to race the sprint races and rules have already been adjusted 

I see that Turkey is replacing Canada for 2021 and Canada signs another 2 year deal. 

Just give Turkey a full time slot now...

I thought there was a budget cap. This "race" is only going to incur more cost and damaged cars.

for Mazepin...

Anyone else hear the radio conversation somewhere near the end of the race? I can't remember if it was with Max or Lando or who but they were complaining that the car was loosing power out the corners. The team came back and said you keep knocking the clutch paddle. I had a good laugh at that.

Lando actually said in an interview after the race it was his knee pad that was hitting the paddle. Explains why he didn’t feel it through his gloves. But yeah, what an awesome moment of racing chaos crossing road with technology trickery.

I remember even back in my racing days, did a test in a Zetec Formula Ford, got back to the pits, said I was flat box through turn one and a little prick on a laptop said, “no, you were off the throttle for 0.5 sec and then at 70% for the following 0.6 sec before going back to 100%”. My ego was shattered!

Lando actually said in an interview after the race it was his knee pad that was hitting the paddle. Explains why he didn’t feel it through his gloves. But yeah, what an awesome moment of racing chaos crossing road with technology trickery.

I remember even back in my racing days, did a test in a Zetec Formula Ford, got back to the pits, said I was flat box through turn one and a little prick on a laptop said, “no, you were off the throttle for 0.5 sec and then at 70% for the following 0.6 sec before going back to 100%”. My ego was shattered!

Think there was a top gear or 5th gear episode like that at Spa, up the hill, flat out. They would get back to the pits and certain they held WOT, the engineer was like, nah... there was still a lift. 

Most amazing was the Perez catching it at 300km/h in 2018. 

Think there was a top gear or 5th gear episode like that at Spa, up the hill, flat out. They would get back to the pits and certain they held WOT, the engineer was like, nah... there was still a lift. 

Most amazing was the Perez catching it at 300km/h in 2018. 

Considering how squirley the car was leading up to that turn, I am surprised he went that quick. Good save but a bit foolish.